The new Viofo A139 Unboxing and video sample

The IR on all my cams is set to 'auto', as I see no need to change it manually. But I very much DO like having these kinds of choices available by simple button-press instead of needing to use the app, for in many places around the world using your phone while driving is highly illegal even if it is only to set your cam and not talk or text.

Liking how this cam is developing (y)

Phil

I tried that press button to kill IR a few days ago, worked like a charm, and as the B&W mode was engaged but far from where it needed to do that, full color mode was just wine with the light level in the late afternoon.

I am wondering if it is a programming IR filter and not a actual one, in daylight and color mode some colors still seem a bit off to me.
This video for instance.
the color of the seat belt on the left and the light filtering into the car are very magenta

I am wondering if it is a programming IR filter and not a actual one, in daylight and color mode some colors still seem a bit off to me.
It makes use of the IR filters built into your car windows, if you put a window down then you remove the filtering. Not something you will do very often in a Danish winter, thus you not noticing!

that A139 is cooking, mine is lingering between 10 and 5 deg C and like me it dont like that. :)

Yes i have been in the area work related, and while i do like warm weather, having a plastic bag with ice cubes in it on my head was very nice.
Off Oman people on the bunker barge was dropping like flies as their air condition was broken and they did not have spare parts for it.

The all time temperature for Denmark are just 33 degrees or something like that, but those days are rare, if we get 7 days during summer with temperatures over 30 it is a good summer.
Water temperature when best are around 22 deg

Nice to know the bluetooth button works interchangeably here :) And very nice to know the cam is doing OK in that kind of heat :cool:

TBH, heat is my biggest concern with today's high-performance cams, especially the multi-channel ones, is that all these are pushing the processor and SD card hard and making their own heat in quantity, We've seen plenty heat-related problems with some of the newer cams and that kind of issue really can't be fixed by firmware etc since it's mostly a hardware design issue. I really don't think we can expect a dashcam to tolerate much more than 40C/104F but lets see what this newest generation of dashcam will do with it ;)

Phil

Testing under heat in 40°C/104°F outside in parking lot and working normally

Otherwise the A129 Bluetooth remote working perfectly with A139

The hottest my car registered last year was 43°C, that was an extreme hot day in the UK, I don't remember the A129 I was using at the time having any issues (y)

The hottest my car registered last year was 43°C, that was an extreme hot day in the UK, I don't remember the A129 I was using at the time having any issues (y)
We know something of the A129- the A139 is quite a different cam so we need to learn more about it.

Phil

Just got hardwire kit and activate 10 fps timelaps parking mode, The temperature was about 40 C degrees. The A139 stays working normal without any problem and I can say it handle the heat very well (y)
Biterate: Medium

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 10
Back