Thieye t5 Edge not responding.

tullsta

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hello :)
I received new camera and it's not working at all. Only red light is on when I connect camera into power source.
I wanted to upload new firmware via DirectUSB, but Windows not see camera. There is no new device in devices manager, and Windows (both Win 10 and Win 7) makes no sound when I connect camera to USB. I've tried to connect with "Up" button pressed in (and many other button combinations) but with no effect.
Is there something I can do before I contact the seller?

------
Edit:
OK, I've found solution.
1. Download latest firmware from Thieye support site
2. Unzip, go to "update on PC"
3. Remove battery from camera! (that was the problem in my case)
4. Long press Power(Mode) / or Shutter(Wifi) button and connect camera to PC in the same time.
5. Execute FRM.exe from "download" folder
6. Press F6 on keyboard and wait.
7. Whan program will display "ISP finished" you are done.

Last edited:
THX for your advice. It saved my new cam after brick with the "update on camera" crap.

Hi!

Could you please tell me step by step what made your camera turn on again? I am having the same trouble after trying to update the software!

Thanks!!

Hi,

I have a similar problem. When the CAM is connected with a cable to a power source without the battery it works. But when only powered by the battery it wont turn on , and only the red light is on all the time, until the battery drains. I update the FW but the issue remains.

Anyone had the same issue?

I opened a ticket to Thieye support, so will see.

Thanks!

Hi!
After failed upgrade with sd card in camera,I followed the instruction upgrade on desk PC, original firmware show on my cam was TI/UN8-171225-V5.0. The FRM.exe could recognized the camera but still upgrade failed and show "Read back F/W1 is different from original file!"
Could someone help me to fix the problem.
many thanks!

Hello :)
I received new camera and it's not working at all. Only red light is on when I connect camera into power source.
I wanted to upload new firmware via DirectUSB, but Windows not see camera. There is no new device in devices manager, and Windows (both Win 10 and Win 7) makes no sound when I connect camera to USB. I've tried to connect with "Up" button pressed in (and many other button combinations) but with no effect.
Is there something I can do before I contact the seller?

------
Edit:
OK, I've found solution.
1. Download latest firmware from Thieye support site
2. Unzip, go to "update on PC"
3. Remove battery from camera! (that was the problem in my case)
4. Long press Power(Mode) / or Shutter(Wifi) button and connect camera to PC in the same time.
5. Execute FRM.exe from "download" folder
6. Press F6 on keyboard and wait.
7. Whan program will display "ISP finished" you are done.
Do you have the t5edge and was it t the e power button or the wifi button used to get recognized

Hi!

Could you please tell me step by step what made your camera turn on again? I am having the same trouble after trying to update the software!

Thanks!!
I also need very specific directions to get my camera working cuz not one method has worked for me as of yet. My computer won't recognize my can even after switching settings that bypass the electronic signature nonsense so I'm not able to even try another update. I enjoyed using can get much and would love to get back to it so any help would be greatly appreciated . Thx in advance

Do you have the t5edge and was it t the e power button or the wifi button used to get recognized
I have t5Edge, but I don't remember if it was Wifi button, or Power. Just try both. Remember, that when you connect to PC with USB cable, button must be pressed. Release it couple of seconds after plug in. You should then hear Windows sound (like in case when you plug in pendrive).

Hi!

Thanks!!
Did you ever get the camera going again?

I have t5Edge, but I don't remember if it was Wifi button, or Power. Just try both. Remember, that when you connect to PC with USB cable, button must be pressed. Release it couple of seconds after plug in. You should then hear Windows sound (like in case when you plug in pendrive).
Ok thx for quick reply

Hi,

I have a similar problem. When the CAM is connected with a cable to a power source without the battery it works. But when only powered by the battery it wont turn on , and only the red light is on all the time, until the battery drains. I update the FW but the issue remains.

Anyone had the same issue?

I opened a ticket to Thieye support, so will see.

Thanks!
What does that mean you opened a ticket to thieye support?

The instructions are in the firmware file, in a pdf file so you can follow them. After my camera makes a sound when connected, it installs drivers but when I use FRM, it displays "Vendor Command fail, Please plug-out device!"

Hey tullsta!

I'm just here to say thanks, connecting the cam WITHOUT the battery (as opposed to the manual from Thieye) made it possible to connect the cam.
I already thought i had to replace it, since i tried it a ton of times already, with computer flash and with sd card flash.

So, thank you!

My cam stopped working when i accedently went into WIFI search and took out the battery to make it stop searching.
After that the cam always started in WIFI search mode without chances to get out of it.

Also, the battery was completely drained. Strange, because it was full when i wanted to start filming and ran into the WIFI problems. Only had it on for about 15 minutes i think.
Maybe this helps someone.

Back