Things Danes hate in traffic

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
Some one made a poll lately to see what Danes hate the most when they drive around in ther cars, the numbers come out as follow.

1: 64% hate ppl dont keep a distance ( tailgate )
2: 62% hate ppl dont keep to the right.
3: 41% hate ppl dont merge the right way.
4: 39% hate ppl dont indicate.
5: 31% hate ppl are going too fast.
6: 16% hate ppl are going too slow.
7: only 4% dont hate anything about other drivers.

This is how i see the problems.

1: I would have to agree, Danes cant handle this not enforced law, so it is urgent needed for the police to do somthing about that.
2: I would have to agree here too, but it dont really bother me if ppl are doing the max speed or close to it, and mostly they are.
In reltion to #2 the only thing that bother me is ppl going into the left lane of 2 strait lanes in a intersection and then start really slow, either cuz they are sunday drivers or towing a trailer or camper.
3: I do hate ppl that push ther way thru when merging, you often see ppl trottle up to get into a hole thats not there forcing you as the stand up drive to let off the gass to let the guy thru.
Or they will glue to the bumper ahead while thinking" ppl can merge all they want to, but they sure as hell is not going to do that in front of me" and merging into gaps thats not there is pretty damm hard as you know.
But generally i dont feel its that bad accounting for the general ignorance of Danish drivers.
4: Have to agree on this one too, and this is all around motorists and pedal pushers.
5: Have to agree here if you like me drive just on the MAX limit or in cases a little over, for the most all will pass you sooner or later, some will do it first chance they get, some will stay behind you for some Km, but then have enuff and pass you often to fall back to the same speed as before but now just in front of me, and many just keep on going and is soon out of view on the highway.
6: Aside for ppl launching like a model A ford in the left of 2 strait lanes at a intersection NO, in general ppl do the limit and more, so much so the posted max speed signs i read them as min speed signs.
7: thats allso why i usioally have my dashcam microfone set to off, i now have a strong urge to comment on what i hear and see, and 9 out of 10 times its bad stuff i comment on, but offcourse i give praise to the good guys out there too, but sadly there is so fjew of them.

Last edited:
The dutch in 2015, (2014)
  1. (2) Tailgating 36%
  2. (1) Agressive driving 32%
  3. (3) Alcohol / drugs 27%
  4. (4) Not Idicating 21%
  5. (5) Not keeping to the right 16%
  6. (-) Too slow driving 16%
  7. (6) Last minute merging 14%
  8. (-) Using a smartphone 13%
  9. (9) Sundaydrivers 12%
  10. (-) Littering 11%
Good that still have a dumbphone ;)

Being an ex-biker one of the biggest things for me is people who don't indicate. We can all make mistakes but if you at least indicate then others have more of a chance to predict your actions and react accordingly.

The next is people who sit in the outside lane.

Thats proberly true :p

Do freak me out the driving on the phone is not mentioned, i assume the reason is all Danes do it, so its not considered to be illegal in the mind of these stupid ppl.
But if all the other dont mind then do mind the damm phone junkies a lot :mad:

1: 64% hate ppl dont keep a distance ( tailgate )
This is one thing that rarely sets me off. I'm 'protected' from this behaviour by my van's lack of rear windows! ;) I drive smoothly all the time and let it take care of itself. Only time it worries me personally is when I have to stop quickly for changing traffic lights.
I sometimes get angry when I see it being done to others though. Usually it's preceded by the offender having overtaken me at ridiculous speed despite having nowhere to go and then having to slam on his brakes.

7: thats allso why i usioally have my dashcam microfone set to off, i now have a strong urge to comment on what i hear and see, and 9 out of 10 times its bad stuff i comment on, (...).
You don't have to, just mute the video's audio whenever there's something you don't want us to hear. :p

I don't see "stop sign running" mentioned in the list and I don't believe all Danes stop at stop signs. Over here, for 95% of the drivers/riders stop signs mean "Stop only if there's someone coming but you still have the option of cutting them off if you don't want to stop", for 4.9% stop signs mean "treat it as it's not there" and for the remain 0.1% it means "stop the vehicle, look both ways and if it's clear, go.". :confused:

Last edited:
The stop sign is a poor man's traffic solution. If visibility is that bad you should really improve that.

The stop sign is a poor man's traffic solution. If visibility is that bad you should really improve that.
It's not a visibility problem, it's a mentality problem.

Why would you want to put a stop sign on a crossing if visibility is good?

Why would you want to put a stop sign on a crossing if visibility is good?
That works in civilized countries but we're not one of them. If it's bad as it is with stop signs, imagine if they let the Portuguese drivers decide who has the RoW on a crossing...

Some zebra crossings here have yellow light over them, but to be honest i never seen those yellow lights flash.

I think the combo with the flashing yellow light is used if the crossing is in a uexpected place, so to add to the signs a yellow flash is added.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
old4570 Off Topic 3
Back