Think I'm ready to finally make a purchase

yuppicide

Reaction score
Country
United States
I notice in the pictures on this website the camera is mounted at the top of the window. Can it be mounted on the dashboard or will this not give a good view? I'm not hard wiring anything, so if I mount it on top I'm going to have a wire dangling straight down to the power, or I'm going to have to get a really long cord and route it around.

I notice in the pictures on this website the camera is mounted at the top of the window. Can it be mounted on the dashboard or will this not give a good view? I'm not hard wiring anything, so if I mount it on top I'm going to have a wire dangling straight down to the power, or I'm going to have to get a really long cord and route it around.
It comes with a long power cord so you can hide it behind moldings and pillar

As high up on the windshield is where you'll get the best video. The supplied long USB cable can be tucked along the headliner and moldings around the door to hide the cable.

I think long would have to be like 15 feet to 20 feet, no? I'm going to have to across the ceiling to the passenger side, down the side, under the glove box to the power source.
As high up on the windshield is where you'll get the best video. The supplied long USB cable can be tucked along the headliner and moldings around the door to hide the cable.

Thanks for the re assurance. I'm gonna buy one.

I think long would have to be like 15 feet to 20 feet, no? I'm going to have to across the ceiling to the passenger side, down the side, under the glove box to the power source.

Just for your information Capture your Action is a Retailer that sells the A119 Give him the business and get great support. CaptureYourAction.com

Yup, that's EXACTLY what I did. And there was still surplus cable which I cable tied behind the dash under the glove box. Go for it!

Yup, that's EXACTLY what I did. And there was still surplus cable which I cable tied behind the dash under the glove box. Go for it!
Yup it was fine in my Tacoma and my rav4. Unless you drive a city bus you'll be fine. Actually one guy here has his in a big rig, though he may have accessory power jacks on the ceiling...

i just got mine and it's a beautiful picture on the dash cam. it's great. so far, so good. super long cord and i can't get it into the moldings so i'm going to use the little clips that came with it. i'm really impressed so far.

Welcome to the club.

Be sure you get the latest May 2017 A119 stock that was just released so you get the updated GPS Mount connection system & EVA Foam pad.
(We have them in stock ready to ship now)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Skeezix A119 48
Back