Thinking of getting a blackvue

I have no idea about pricing but you should rather wait for 900X. ;) Blackvue didn't fix DR900S's hardware flaws because otherwise they would admit it has some. But now Blackvue has feedback from DR900S users and thefore they are able to release the "new" (non-beta) model.

I have no idea about pricing but you should rather wait for 900X. ;) Blackvue didn't fix DR900S's hardware flaws because otherwise they would admit it has some. But now Blackvue has feedback from DR900S users and thefore they are able to release the "new" (non-beta) model.
they'll fix the bugs they know in the new version, and throw in some new bugs at no extra charge ;)

Yes it seems that any new launches of dash cams, come with a new set of problems

they'll fix the bugs they know in the new version, and throw in some new bugs at no extra charge ;)
True :LOL: but DR900X looks like just a refresh of the exact same HW* with USB LTE support (which is more or less just a few additional traces on PCB and software update, + larger ROM/RAM if necessary), so definitely less room for (more) mistakes.

*basically DR900S uses same HW as DR750S, the main difference are sensors

Last edited:
well, have just ordered the 900s 2 channel cam and power magic pro, going to fit it myself, just wondered what type of fuse tap ( piggyback) I need ie, micro2? , car is a 2020 ford Puma

Is it the mild hybrid model? They have a 48V system so I don't know how this works. I am sure it will be ok though as this must be quite a common thing now

yes it’s the mild hybrid, I wouldn’t think it would make much difference to the installation as I plan to use the fuse box under the glovebox, which others say is the same as the fiesta, the hybrid side just gives a mild boost to aid the engine at times, it cannot be driven in electric mode

Install problem solved, having it done by a local auto electrician at a price that isn’t worth any hassle of me fitting it

Well that's a result and saves wear and tear on the knees whilst groping around under the dash too.:D

Back