Thinkware F200 Pro

Correct, the front and rear mounts are the same. It's a direct swap minus the front and rear cameras themselves.

Excellent, thanks. Just have to shop around for the best UK deal .

Just thinking about this more. Could I just replace the front facing dash cam and keep my existing rear dash cam ? Will this work ?

Can I just replace the front camera? Swap my F200 for the F200 Pro and keep my existing rear dashcam and everything will work ?

The rear cams aren't interchangeable, unfortunately.

Ok, cheers, now I know. Time to shop for the best deal

I have been using the upgraded F200 pro for a while and I'm very happy with it, especially the WiFi function.

Any advice or comments on if I bought another one both front and rear and stuck them on the rear side fixed windows on my 2011 Toyota Rav4, the front one on one window and the rear on the other side ?

I have been thinking about this for a while, but what brought this up in my mind again was driving back from Weston Super Mare to Wokingham via the M5 and some muppet almost killed us by nearly side swiping us, the only way I avoided a serious accident was me swerving into lane 1 to avoid this idiot, luckily for me, that lane was empty, honestly, this could have been a serious accident !!

Any thoughts or is this idea OTT and not worth it ?

Sorry, mine is NOT the Pro. And I should have said, my recorded footage of this incident was pretty good from the front camera, I just think having side recordings is just belt and braces and may come in handy one day (hopefully not).

Hello new guy here to dash cams. Is anyone else having an issue with connecting the dash cam to your phone? I am using a Pixel6 pro. and for some reason it will not connect. Any help is appreciated.

Hello new guy here to dash cams. Is anyone else having an issue with connecting the dash cam to your phone? I am using a Pixel6 pro. and for some reason it will not connect. Any help is appreciated.
I have a Pixel 5 and no problems connecting to any of mine in all our cars. You may want to also check on the Google Pixel Forum to see if anyone can help.

On my phone I had a notification that popped up saying something like "this wifi network is not connected to the internet. Do you want to remain connected?" I had to select yes and "don't ask me again for this network" and then it was fine. If you don't see the pop up, you may have to go into the advanced wifi settings on your phone for that saved network and select an option to remain connected. If you don't, then the phone may automatically disconnect from the F200 Pro's wifi and switch back to your home wifi network.

I also find that I need to start the car, let the camera light turn from red to green (recording in continuous mode), then press the wifi button and let the blue light blink twice or so before trying to connect on the app. I also see that pressing the "disconnect" button inside the app first before closing the app helps avoid needing to power cycle the camera the next time that I want to use the wifi. After disconnecting from inside the app, I close the app and then press the wifi button on the F200 Pro and let the wifi connection drop on its own.

I suspect that most of the wifi problems that people are having are because they close the app without disconnecting first and then drop the wifi connection on the phone without letting the F200 Pro manage it.
It appears you solved my issue. Wi-Fi was driving me nuts with not reconnecting after closing the app. Gracefully disconnecting from the Wi-Fi within the app seems to make the difference. Thank you! I just got my F200 a couple days ago and installed getting power from the OBD connection which is sweet, by the way. So I was wondering if the OBD was doing something to foul things up. The camera works as advertised but that Wi-Fi issue had me scratching my head and wondering about the quality of the product. Again, nice troubleshooting on your part.

Back