Thinkware F750 parking mode questions

E90blackwidow

Reaction score
Country
Canada
So i hardwired the F750, and it does turn into parking mode after i shut off my car. Here's my questions:

1. When it turns into parking mode, does it continuously records and save it to the SD card? or does it only records when it senses something hit the car?

So i hardwired the F750, and it does turn into parking mode after i shut off my car. Here's my questions:

1. When it turns into parking mode, does it continuously records and save it to the SD card? or does it only records when it senses something hit the car?
If you have parking mode enabled, there are 2 options that will cause the camera to save the buffered video to file (the camera(s) are always on and recording but only save an event to your Micro SD card when the following options are triggered.)
Option 1: motion sensor activated.
Option 2: G sensor activated.
You can have only option 1 or option 2 selected or both options selected.
Hope that helps.

If you have parking mode enabled, there are 2 options that will cause the camera to save the buffered video to file (the camera(s) are always on and recording but only save an event to your Micro SD card when the following options are triggered.)
Hope that helps.

So in order for the camera to save all the recording (From once it enters Parking mode till i start the car again), i will need to have both options selected?

interestingly I had motion and event enabled, it captured motion but then there was an event, the motion data before the event was lost so it only does one or the other

So in order for the camera to save all the recording (From once it enters Parking mode till i start the car again), i will need to have both options selected?
You might be saying the same thing, but like @Dee_82 said, it will only save the recording when one of the options have been triggered.

Hope that helps.

Does anybody know of the power drain when in "not" triggered mode?

Before I buy one of these (or a 770) for my new car, I'm concerned about hard-wiring the unit in and having to jump start my car if I leave it for a few weeks remotely and want things monitored! For example... if I park at an airport for 2 weeks... in theory the unit would fully drain my battery (3.5w @ 12v = 0.3aH - so for a 70aH battery thats 10-13 days IF my car battery is 100% charged/healthy) Does that make sense? I'm sure Thinkware have already thought of this in their product design, but their tech support are yet to get back to me.

Thanks

Dave

Does anybody know of the power drain when in "not" triggered mode?

Before I buy one of these (or a 770) for my new car, I'm concerned about hard-wiring the unit in and having to jump start my car if I leave it for a few weeks remotely and want things monitored! For example... if I park at an airport for 2 weeks... in theory the unit would fully drain my battery (3.5w @ 12v = 0.3aH - so for a 70aH battery thats 10-13 days IF my car battery is 100% charged/healthy) Does that make sense? I'm sure Thinkware have already thought of this in their product design, but their tech support are yet to get back to me.

Thanks

Dave
you wont get anywhere near 10-13 days, it will probably stop after a day or two depending on weather. you see its not the current that it measures, the devices itself cant know what its drawing power from so cant know when its running low, instead it measures voltage droop, which can be effected by the weather and other devices within the car that are still drawing power (lots of computers wont turn off for quite a while, opening doors can turn on these computers, hell even some cars with keyless systems can turn on if you walk nearby it!) basically, once the volts drop to below a defined value, it cuts off completely and wont turn on until you turn on the ignition. ive set mine to 11.9v
That will prevent your battery from completely discharging which I think is what you were asking!

its pretty handy really, I have never had any issues at all with it, ive entered the car and its been off and the car starts just fine, ive even been sitting in the car when it turned off once, she comes out with a wee message about the battery and the system is about to turn off :)

you wont get anywhere near 10-13 days, it will probably stop after a day or two depending on weather. you see its not the current that it measures, the devices itself cant know what its drawing power from so cant know when its running low, instead it measures voltage droop, which can be effected by the weather and other devices within the car that are still drawing power (lots of computers wont turn off for quite a while, opening doors can turn on these computers, hell even some cars with keyless systems can turn on if you walk nearby it!) basically, once the volts drop to below a defined value, it cuts off completely and wont turn on until you turn on the ignition. ive set mine to 11.9v
That will prevent your battery from completely discharging which I think is what you were asking!

its pretty handy really, I have never had any issues at all with it, ive entered the car and its been off and the car starts just fine, ive even been sitting in the car when it turned off once, she comes out with a wee message about the battery and the system is about to turn off :)

Thanks! So it monitors voltage drop as an arbitrary measure of battery charge (sounds good as a rough measure). I'm *almost* convinced to buy right now...

I had a list of features that I wanted to add by writing my own android app (to put on a phone and leave in the glove box or wherever) to relay emergency alerts to another mobile/auto-upload event files to cloud storage and a few other features 'for fun' such as ANPR and recognition of security cameras or road signs and updating a remote database.

But checking the upcoming F800 spec they have also thought the major useful ones of those ... so the question now is: Wait until June (or maybe later) or not (and pay-I guess-£300 instead of £190)...

Back