Thinkware F770 Parking mode not working

Jeremyp

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just installed F770 hooked up with multi safer. It seems that the camera does not go into parking mode even if I stop the engine. This multi safer worked fine with blackvue 650. (parking mode, non parking mode, etc.)

The seller told me that I should buy Thinkware hardwire kit because the multi safer does not work properly with Thinkware products. Is this true? I do not mind buying it if it guarantees to work but I am not sure.

Does anyone experience the same issue?

the thinkware device needs a switched mode to allow the device to know when the engine is turned off, it can then enter parking mode, the device probably wont know whats going on with the multi safer in play

I just installed F770 hooked up with multi safer. It seems that the camera does not go into parking mode even if I stop the engine. This multi safer worked fine with blackvue 650. (parking mode, non parking mode, etc.)

The seller told me that I should buy Thinkware hardwire kit because the multi safer does not work properly with Thinkware products. Is this true? I do not mind buying it if it guarantees to work but I am not sure.

Does anyone experience the same issue?

Hi Jeremy,
I think Nick from our Amazon team was messaging you about this.
With the F770 you need to use a dedicated direct hardwiring kit and not the cigarette plug type hardwiring kits.
Thinkware has the voltage cutoff and timer built into the camera and you can set them using the wifi or desktop app.

The factory one from Thinkware is TWA-SH (sold by amazon.com )

We carry two hardwiring kits for these cameras that serve the same purpose on our site as well.

Back