Thinkware F770. Cellink. BMW X6 2008. How to make it work on parking mode?

Igorski

Reaction score
Country
Norway
Hi to all.
I do have the Thinkware F770. Cellink on BMW X6.
For now I use it on continuous recording.
I will like to use the set on parking mode or motion detection mode.
I do have the hard-wire cable.
Can some one give some advice for connection?
Thanks in advance.

Just download the app from thinkware and connect with your phone via the WIFI button on cam, all the settings are very clearly and easily adjusted from your phone

Thanks tabetha.
I have it all ready. I have the settings done. But after turn the engine OFF no changes to parking mode or motion detection mode.
It can be some different connection for the wires.
I have connected rear and back camera to the Cellink. The Cellink wires one to GND another to fuse.
Just I'm wondering where I can connect this way.

Attachments

• Thinkware.PNG
    Thinkware.PNG
    320.2 KB · Views: 42
This is how I connected the F770 Dual cam with a Cellink battery the fuse I chose was the 12 volt auxillary socket fuse, note that this fuse stays live for about 7 to 10 minutes after switching engine off and locking vehicle, in then goes into parking mode and switches over to the cellink battery.

Note the red and yellow cables coming from the F770 may not be colour correct some Thinkware cameras was supplied with different coloured input so they dont match the cellink battery, the supplier told me that I could connect yellow thinkware to red on the cellink, and red thinkware to yellow cellink, if this does not switch over to parking mode, swap cables to colour true, my thinkware camera was colour true red to red and yellow to yellow.

Just a reminder had taken my cellink battery out just to check the state of charge on returning the battery I had inadvertantly switched the cellink battery switch off, then wondered why it was not recording.

http://forum.bmw5.co.uk/topic/127114-installing-a-thinkware-f770-dual-dash-cam-into-a-f11/

Last edited:
I didn't realise the camera run time when powered by a cell link was so limited to 20 hours for 2 channel cam, is it defo only 20 hours ?

This is how I connected the F770 Dual cam with a Cellink battery the fuse I chose was the 12 volt auaxillary socket fuse, note that this fuse stays live for about 7 to 10 minutes after switching engine off and locking vehicle, in then goes into parking mode and switches over to the cellink battery.

Note the red and yellow cables coming from the F770 may not be colour correct some Thinkware cameras was supplied with different coloured input so they dont match the cellink battery, the supplier told me that I could connect yellow thinkware to red on the cellink, and red thinkware to yellow cellink, if this does not switch over to parking mode, swap cables to colour true, my thinkware camera was colour true red to red and yellow to yellow.

Just a reminder had taken my cellink battery out just to check the state of charge on returning the battery I had inadvertantly switched the cellink battery switch off, then wondered why it was not recording.

http://forum.bmw5.co.uk/topic/127114-installing-a-thinkware-f770-dual-dash-cam-into-a-f11/
This is how I connected the F770 Dual cam with a Cellink battery the fuse I chose was the 12 volt auaxillary socket fuse, note that this fuse stays live for about 7 to 10 minutes after switching engine off and locking vehicle, in then goes into parking mode and switches over to the cellink battery.

Hi again Oilburner.
Can we go in more details.
The GND is black and is connected on metal screw.
The ACC- red one I have it on fuse adapter for the Auxiliary socket fuse.
Where the Yellow - B+ I should connect to?
Thanks in advance.

Hi again Oilburner.
Can we go in more details.
The GND is black and is connected on metal screw.
The ACC- red one I have it on fuse adapter for the Auxiliary socket fuse.
Where the Yellow - B+ I should connect to?
Thanks in advance.

Sorry for late reply have been on holiday.

The Red from the F770 connects to the Cellink Red Output lead.

The Yellow from the F770 connects to the Celllink Yellow Output lead.

The Black from the F770 connects to the Cellink Black Output lead.

The Cellink Input lead Black goes to a grounded screw on the fuse panel.

The Cellink Input lead Red is crimped onto your chosen piggy back fuse link, mine was the smaller blade type which was then inserted into the rear 12 volt Auxillary socket 20 amp fuse.

You may find like I did the inline fuses came at a awkward place to conceal the wiring and had to be removed, and resoldered at a more conveinient place, hope this helps clarify things better.

Sorry for late reply have been on holiday.

The Red from the F770 connects to the Cellink Red Output lead.

The Yellow from the F770 connects to the Celllink Yellow Output lead.

The Black from the F770 connects to the Cellink Black Output lead.

The Cellink Input lead Black goes to a grounded screw on the fuse panel.

The Cellink Input lead Red is crimped onto your chosen piggy back fuse link, mine was the smaller blade type which was then inserted into the rear 12 volt Auxillary socket 20 amp fuse.

You may find like I did the inline fuses came at a awkward place to conceal the wiring and had to be removed, and resoldered at a more conveinient place, hope this helps clarify things better.
Thanks a lot Oilburner.
I will try to connect on this weekend and I will let you know.
Fingers cross.
Have nice day.

Thanks a lot Oilburner.
I will try to connect on this weekend and I will let you know.
Fingers cross.
Have nice day.

Just one point to observe when putting the black cellink ground cable behind a grounded screw on the fuse panel, make sure the screw is really tight, because you may find the cellink not charging from the vehicle, after completing your installation I would check the voltage with a multimeter going into the cellink input cable with your engine running.

My own cellink battery ran flat because of a poor grounded connection.

Just one point to observe when putting the black cellink ground cable behind a grounded screw on the fuse panel, make sure the screw is really tight, because you may find the cellink not charging from the vehicle, after completing your installation I would check the voltage with a multimeter going into the cellink input cable with your engine running.

My own cellink battery ran flat because of a poor grounded connection.
Hi again and thanks a lot for the tip.
I will try to do it properly.
Hope to do it this weekend.

Hi Oilburner.
I have done like you recommend to me.
Everything work perfect.
Thanks for help.

Hi Oilburner.
I have done like you recommend to me.
Everything work perfect.
Thanks for help.

Glad you got everthing sorted now, incidently what fuse did you link to on your fuse board for the cellink, and did you use the supplied 20 amp fuse, the reason I ask since I installed my own I have read on the forum that some other users state the 20 amp fuse supplied is to high for thev cellink, and should be about 10 amp , at moment I have not changed mine to a lower amp rated fuse yet.

Since I installed mine I have been concidering checking with my multimeter, to see if any other fuse on the bmw panel goes off immediatly once the ingnition is off, as the rear 12 volt auxlliary fuse stays alive for a long time probaly 12 -18 minutes, so once parked it carries on running on vehicle battery untill that feed goes dead, and then hopefully changes over to the cellink battery, I would rather it changed over to the parking mode as soon as the ignition goes off, at least you would deffiantly know it had in fact changed over to parking mode before locking & leaving vehicle, this may be a bit paranoid but once it did not change over to parking mode and the camera just shut down.

On my BMW X6 I have the free fuse and I used it for Cellink for 20 A.
I have check and lock the car and I installed on app only continuous record.
After a while I click on parking mode. Works perfect as well.

Back