Parking Mode
-Motion Detection
-Impact
-Time Lapse

Current Draw
-Parking Mode
-Continuous

FPS

Is there anything else that someone thinks may be a good idea to test??

I have already found some funky stuff in parking mode that could be concerning for 1 brand.......
1080P pic.jpg

Temperatures the units heat up to after use, potentially. Not as important in the grand scheme of things but still something interesting perhaps..

Temperatures the units heat up to after use, potentially. Not as important in the grand scheme of things but still something interesting perhaps..
It is another test I need to do. I have been looking at heat tests as well.

First round of tests done with motion detection

It is another test I need to do. I have been looking at heat tests as well.
Something that bothers me is the use of ancient Novatek chipsets, if only they had newer ones so ran cooler so we didn't need so many ventilation holes for example dashcams recording at 4k. Saw the other day some internal temps on here for a Vantrue N4 Pro and they were going at 100 to 110 Celsius. You wouldn't run a PC or laptop at those temperatures so why a dashcam.

PC/laptop vs dashcams= apples with pears. If Novatek are ancient, what newer and better chipsets do you know?

PC/laptop vs dashcams= apples with pears. If Novatek are ancient, what newer and better chipsets do you know?
Phones, PC, the whole lot. Sure it can handle up to and beyond extreme temperatures but is that the best for it, not necessarily. Novatek are ancient using architecture with cortex A9 which is nearing on 15 years in age. Dashcams could run cooler but I have the feeling they're at the mercy of Novatek.

Back