Thinkware voice is extremely annoying!

Is there anyway to disable it completely?

Turning the System Volume to Zero is the best. It will still speak cameras if they are enabled. Warning messages should also sound.

The only small risk is if the camera ever fails to power up you won't notice the 'loss of voice' when you start etc

I tried setting the System Volume to Zero but the messages kept coming, it seems that 0 is just the lowest volume setting.
I got so annoyed with the constant messages from my F770 I opened it up and disconnected the speaker. Now I am enjoying the peace and quiet

Last edited:
Even if they changed that highly irritating American woman it would be a start. She's worse than a low budget 1980's sitcom. The voice in Minis and BMWs is quite relaxed by comparison.

Newer models do have a Nicer Voice with a UK accent if selected...

F800/Q800/F200Pro/T700/F790/U1000/X700 a majority of the newer units ;) (I think it's just the F100 that doesn't)

The newer models have the option of English US or English UK, but older models do just have the US accent.
I can't find the English UK option in the settings for my F200 Pro ? It just states English in the language choices.

This thread on the annoying voice started back in 2018 and still has not been addressed. Bad enough in the car but when you review the video clips in their PC Viewer, it is so loud and distorted, you can't understand her and you have to be quick to turn down the PC's volume. I've complained to their tech people but they don't seem to get the message. Not to mention all the other things that are bad with the X1000.
Really not happy with Thinkware.

I've been happy so far with Thinkware in all three family cars, however, I have started window shopping, as there are so so many better alternatives.

Greetings 152bobby,
You say you are happy with your Thinkware dashcams. Which models do you have? Just wondering if you've experienced these things that I have with the X1000:

-The voice notifications are so loud and distorted that when you review the video clips on your PC, you have to turn down the volume or you’ll blow out your eardrums. No way to adjust the volume in the dashcam’s settings.

-It has a function called ‘Smart Parking Recording’. The Thinkware support has no idea what it means or that it was even in the menu.

-The advertised ADAS functions are not available yet. Have to wait for a firmware upgrade.

-The Map function in their PC Viewer program does not work (yes, I have the GPS module).

-The quality of viewing the videos in the PC Viewer is impossible to watch. Hard to read signs or license plates. And since its video format is HEVC (H.265), you have to have special readers to view the files outside their PC Viewer. Even with an external media player such as MPC-HC, the quality is sub-par. Though the format is HEVC and should have higher quality, the bit rate of the video clips is too low to provide clear video where you can read signs and license plates. The overall quality of the videos is terrible.

-The Thinkware X1000 manual is incomplete. It does not provide explanations for most of the menu items.

-If you disable the ‘Reverse Rear Camera’ setting in the menu, the clips you watch on your PC are correct. However, when you look at the LCD screen of the camera for the rear camera in Live View, the image is reversed...left to right, as if you are looking at the view in a mirror.

-Some functions that are in the LCD’s menus are not in the PC Viewer’s menu, and vice versa.

Just wondering....

I just have the F200 pro 2 channel in all three cars. I was considering the U1000, but 8m not sure.

Ideally, I want a top notch system and I'm willing to pay for it. But I want over the air updates. I am totally not interested in messing about with SD cards and laptops.... especially since I binned using laptops years ago and only have android phone, tablet and a Chromebook.

The dash cam manufacturers need to move away from window laptops, they are almost dead and gone !!!

Anyway, I almost daily browse and research dash cams for a real optimum solution, as I simply refuse to drive any of my cars without a dash cam.

Cheers.

Back