This time a sound issue

Ask for an A229 Pro 3-CH as a warranty replacement.
Well, yes, to get even more problems.

Here is my answer to a newbie’s question in a profile topic on another site:
"Which one is better to take for installation on the rear window?

- To install on the rear window, it is better to take a SEPARATE full-featured DVR.
The hardware on this DVR is very weak for 2 and even more so for 3 channels.
You will constantly suffer from overheating and glitches. Especially in summer.
I was tired of the ordeal for six months and bought a WM1
and installed it instead of the rear camera that came with the kit.
Nice job!
No problem at all.
Good luck."

So an update,
My front camera and sdcard were returned to the uk company i purchased from "cen" it turns out the camera was faulty and a replacement is on its way to me along with my original sdcard "integral" brand, now funnily enough viofo do not recommend this card yet there uk website a few weeks ago were punting this card with the a139pro

Should i buy a new sdcard, try to get a free one out of viofo or just see what happens with this one?

cheers

now funnily enough viofo do not recommend this card yet there uk website a few weeks ago were punting this card with the a139pro
The Viofo UK website is not owned by Viofo, "Viofo UK" is a trading name of a UK company, trying to look like an official distributer, or maybe trying to look like the real thing, and apparently succeeding! I think they are an official distributor. They also have a number of other trading names for other brands. Can't see their actual company details on their website, which would be illegal if true, but I think it is UK company number 09980443, doesn't appear to be anything to worry about.

Although Viofo themselves don't recommend that card, they also do not say to not use it, and as far as I know Integral make some quite good cards at reasonable prices, so I think it is probably a good card. I would prefer a proper Viofo card, but I would expect that to be more expensive, or half the capacity, so unless you are having problems with the card, I suggest you stick with it. If you do a lot of driving then upgrading it to a Viofo card might make sense, but if driving is not your main job then I wouldn't bother. If there were problems with the cards then I don't expect they would still be selling/including them, they have been selling those for years, and we only see questions, not problems.

viofo do not recommend this card yet there uk website a few weeks ago were punting this card with the a139pro
Glad you got it sorted.
There is only one official Viofo website: Viofo.com
All other websites are simply retailers / resellers that are NOT official.
They often sell unapproved / unrecomended SD Cards bundled with the camera.
If you report any kind of malfunction with your new camera the first point of resistance you will get is;
“What SD Card are you using?” lol

Back