This vs SGZC12RC

Flyer888

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all,
First post here.

I've been looking for a dashcam for a long time, was attracted by DR650GW features, but the inferior video quality for the price is a deal breaker.

I almost decided to pull the trigger on this (SG9665GC), but then I saw the SGZC12RC. I really love the "parking mode" feature that it has (which is sadly absent in the GC), and also the more discreet form factor. I think it also allows 720p 60fps recording as well.

Question is, how do they compare in term of video quality? I'm wondering what are the pro/cons such that, judging by its popularity, many people prefer the GC instead of the RC?

Thanks!

Video quality is similar, SG9665GC will have the advantage in low light but otherwise not a lot between them, no 720p60 on either, they're both 1080p30

Welcome to the forum Flyer.
I got the SG9665GC thanks to a kind person, but if it was all up to me i think i would go for the SGZC12RC as i feel it's more versatile.

Just looking at install on my windscreen either will be just as discreete and have about the same little footprint due to the good layout of my windscreen and the dotted "shade" on top of it.
But the SGZC12RC car go in all the other windows in my car and still have a little footprint, that i cant say about the SG9665GC.

Video quality is similar, SG9665GC will have the advantage in low light but otherwise not a lot between them, no 720p60 on either, they're both 1080p30
In this video 3:16 it shows options for 1080p30, 720p30, and 720p60

If 5-second pre-buffer motion detection and maximum stealth is a must maybe get the RC. GC is plenty small though
Is the parking mode based on motion detection or G-Sensor?
I'm parked in basement so there should be a lot of cars moving around, but I just want to save the one that triggers the G sensor.

Welcome to the forum Flyer.
I got the SG9665GC thanks to a kind person, but if it was all up to me i think i would go for the SGZC12RC as i feel it's more versatile.

Just looking at install on my windscreen either will be just as discreete and have about the same little footprint due to the good layout of my windscreen and the dotted "shade" on top of it.
But the SGZC12RC car go in all the other windows in my car and still have a little footprint, that i cant say about the SG9665GC.
Thanks.
Yes and the design is quite cool, I don't have to mess around with the camera itself at all after installed. What a coincidence that in my car I have a small cubby in driver side right next to the fuse box.

Looking at some footages in youtube though, I feel like most of the time the GC is clearer, the RC is a bit blurry/unclear but the difference is not so significant.
Also I noticed that due to GC being popular, FW updates/support will be more likely to be updated frequently compared to RC, no?

Pre-buffer is triggered via motion or g-sensor.

720P options were removed from all Street Guardian V2 products because 720P video quality is just not good at all on these.

RC got a new lens since that video was made. But GC still edges out video quality side by side

I see then...
Well, since I put video quality on one of my top priorities, I think I have made a decision.
Hopefully I don't regret the absence of the parking mode.
I just ordered the GC one via Amazon shipped in same day.
This is going to be my first dashcam! Can't wait to play around with it.

And while I'm using the GC, I will be patiently waiting for SG's ultimate dual channel.
Been heard of it numerous times and it sounds very promising :D

SG's ultimate dual channel.

;)

RC%20Ultimate%20PRO-2a-700x700_0.jpg

A%20RC%20Ultimate%20PRO-2-700x700_0.jpg

That's more like 2 x 1ch... :p
Or maybe I should've bought both GC and RC then see the difference by myself. :D

Very nice BOSS 302 by the way. I don't like the style of the new Mustang.

Back