time for a dash cam, however which one ?

Alan Short

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys....

I've been pondering over getting a dash cam for sometime, however never got around to it.

Last week, a guy in one of those monster trucks with the huge wheels decided he was going to change lanes and drove into the side of me. Very frustrating !! I'm currently dealing with his insurance company who are not being especially helpful. Anyway.... its time to get a dash cam....

So I've read many reviews and watched countless youtube videos, however have yet to decide on what one I should be buying. The Vicovation Vico-TF2+ Premium looks good...

I'm after good quality, great day and night capabilities and something that will be hassle free and just work. Price isn't particularly important, neither is GPS. How important is field of view, the Vico-TF2+ Premium mentions 160 degrees.... is this too much to be useful or what is needed. i read a review over on Techmoan in the video at 10:40 his comments on the FOW are interesting. If the FOW is too large and distorts the reality of what happened in an accident, how useful is the actual footage??

So, what is current the number one choice, the Vico-TF2+ Premium or is there something better ??

Cheers,
A

Hey guys....

I've been pondering over getting a dash cam for sometime, however never got around to it.

Last week, a guy in one of those monster trucks with the huge wheels decided he was going to change lanes and drove into the side of me. Very frustrating !! I'm currently dealing with his insurance company who are not being especially helpful. Anyway.... its time to get a dash cam....

So I've read many reviews and watched countless youtube videos, however have yet to decide on what one I should be buying. The Vicovation Vico-TF2+ Premium looks good...

I'm after good quality, great day and night capabilities and something that will be hassle free and just work. Price isn't particularly important, neither is GPS. How important is field of view, the Vico-TF2+ Premium mentions 160 degrees.... is this too much to be useful or what is needed. i read a review over on Techmoan in the video at 10:40 his comments on the FOW are interesting. If the FOW is too large and distorts the reality of what happened in an accident, how useful is the actual footage??

So, what is current the number one choice, the Vico-TF2+ Premium or is there something better ??

Cheers,
A

Look at main page Panorama2, there you find intro info, also day - night tests Panorama2 vs Vico.

Thanks Niko,

I did see that and to me the Vico-TF2+ Premium looks better .... ??

Back