Time issue

SaputraJ

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi, i got time and booting issue on my D201 does anyone have a solution?

Mine is from july 2017 and worked perfect until now. The clock gets reset to 2016-01-01 almost every day. Problably because the internal battery dies before I start the car the next day and the dashcam gets powered again through the cigaret lighter connection, which is not powered when the ignition is turned off.
I do not have a GPS connected. I wonder if you have a GPS, will it sync the time from the GPS signal?
I would not care for the the date/time being wrong recorded, but the problem is that the dashcam stops recording because the older files have newer dates and then it does not overwrite them when the memory card is full. Miine does not take larger cards than 32Gb.
Firmware version is: DAB201 ZX-AMF-G-2534Y

Welcome to DCT @Dingy :)

Almost all cams with GPS do coordinate time/date through that, but getting a GPS lock can take some cams a few minutes and until then it might not be recording. It seems a bit young to have a bad battery but the symptoms point to that, so the best solution is to replace the battery. I've had a cam battery go bad in 2 months once, so it is very possible regardless of age.

Another reason to take this approach is that with a bad cam battery the last file may not close and save correctly in a crash if main cam power is lost, and that footage is the most important so you don't want to take that risk. Adding a GPS won't help with that even if it does sort out the time issue.

Phil

Hi @SawMaster , thank you for response.
I fully charged the cam with 2,5A desktop usb charger for a day and it lasts about 10minutes on battery when screen is on(while playback). Of course when in the car overnight it won't be continuously on, but after 1 or 2 days of not driving(the car is nose faced to the street on back of driveway, so it gets triggered now and then) the battery dies and date starts in 2016 again, which blocks overwriting old footage with newer daytime folder name again.
I will have a look at the battery. Have done these kind of replacement before in electronics. Not afraid of soldering either. ;)

Last edited:
I charged the dash cam another time with 2,5A USB charger for over a day and the good news is that the dash cam kept its correct date/time for over 2 weeks now, with multiple days of no driving and series of cold days/nights(around -+4Celsius)

Back