• Other (do let us know below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Joe with a J

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hey all,

Wondering what you prefer. Time Lapse + buffered Event impact parking mode recording, or Motion Detection + buffered Event impact parking mode recording.

I'm currently sticking with Motion Detection + buffered Event impact recording, since I review my recordings by first looking at impact Event recordings... And if anything does come up, I'll check out Motion Detection ones for more details, since it's able to capture more information (i.e. more frames per second) when compared to Time Lapse recording (1 frame per second, I believe). That said, I believe everyone may have their way/system to review their footage. The way I do it however, Motion Detection + buffered Event impact recording still seem to be a better/ more powerful combo for me.

Would be interested to hear what fellow forum members think+prefer, now that there is an additional option to choose from.

I am using Time lapse as it seems better on my battery. My car does not like the dashcam being connected up during parking mode. I am using a Power Magic Pro.

After reviewing the door ding I got at work, I sort of want to use time lapse now. The motion detection never recorded the truck pulling in or out of the parking space. It did capture the owner walking to and from a few times.
The video is linked here....
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/parking-mode-door-ding.34919/

Time to mow the lawn, later

I have an issue with timelapse mode - when it switches to event parking the initial 10 seconds are horribly unusable. It'll show a few frames then stop for the next 10 seconds.

I don't think it's ready for use - then again it might be my camera? Has anyone else experienced this?

I have an issue with timelapse mode - when it switches to event parking the initial 10 seconds are horribly unusable. It'll show a few frames then stop for the next 10 seconds.

I don't think it's ready for use - then again it might be my camera? Has anyone else experienced this?

I've noticed something similar. The first few seconds of an event file (until the beep) after leaving a time-lapse recording are very jerky, as though the frame rate hasn't been restored properly (feels like about 10-15fps). However, after the beep the video is absolutely fine.

I'm really enjoying Time-lapse.
I like that I can get hours of footage in 3 minutes.

I've only noticed one hiccup, while testing out auto-event upload, but come to think of it... that wouldn't be time-lapse related.
(It was a forced impact recording in which I walked in front of my car to capture myself but in the video, it froze while I was in front of my car. So one second I'm there, the next I'm not)

I just tried time lapse today. Very nifty. Also, it was well over 90 degrees and I had no issues with the camera shutting down.

Back