Brightonuk

Reaction score
Country
United States
I looked around but did no find any posts on this and it maybe a dumb question
But why so many confusing times zones

It seems to have a multitude of duplicate times zones
I am no Emmett Lathrop but are there really that many time zones

Generally speaking, time zones correspond to the sun's position in the sky as planet earth revolves on its axis as it circles the sun. The zones move East and West from zero UTC which is located at Greenwich, London, UK with each zone usually offset plus and minus one hour.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_zone

timezones.gif

Last edited:
Yeah, I think so too. What's different between: I wake up at 7 o'clock and I wake up at 16 o'clock ? why do we have to correct time of sunrise ? any economic reason ?

Yeah, I think so too. What's different between: I wake up at 7 o'clock and I wake up at 16 o'clock ? why do we have to correct time of sunrise ? any economic reason ?

Read the wikipedia link in my post for some answers to your questions. :)

I don't think it answers the OP question. The selection of time zones available on the setup page of the Blackvue far exceeds the 24 "numbered" zones. Blackvue is trying to be clever by listing cities in time zone.. which confuses everyone when "their" city is not listed. Anyone who is not aware of what zone (number) they are in likely is not capable of operating a dash camera.

I don't think it answers the OP question. The selection of time zones available on the setup page of the Blackvue far exceeds the 24 "numbered" zones. Blackvue is trying to be clever by listing cities in time zone.. which confuses everyone when "their" city is not listed. Anyone who is not aware of what zone (number) they are in likely is not capable of operating a dash camera.

There would be no way for anyone not familiar with Blackvue's set-up page to know what the OP was asking about, especially with how vaguely the question was posed; hence the replies.

There would be no way for anyone not familiar with Blackvue's set-up page to know what the OP was asking about, especially with how vaguely the question was posed; hence the replies.
That is why I posted in this forum.

One would assume that anyone with a dash cam would know what time zone they are in, and if in fact there are 24 number times zones (again my ignorance shows through) why not list them as such.
It would seem it would make things cleaner in the setup screen if nothing else.
Just mo

One would assume that anyone with a dash cam would know what time zone they are in, and if in fact there are 24 number times zones (again my ignorance shows through) why not list them as such.
Just mo

Apparently, Blackvue's approach to time setting and time zones is especially confusing. I notice they even offer a dedicated Time Setting app for some of their models. Blackvue is not the only dash cam that uses city names for determining times zone and this practice is indeed very confusing.

In the same way, the SG9665GC GPS time zone offset has also been very confusing to some buyers and the firmware was changed to reflect zone offset only rather than including city/location.

Anyway, the issue with setting time zone is not "what time zone they are in" but how many hours offset from UTC, otherwise known as Coordinated Universal Time. In other words, UTC is 0 (zero) and is located in Greenwich, London, UK. So, the thing you need to know is how many hours of offset + or - your local time zone is away from Greenwich, UK or zero UTC. These days it is very easy to just look up your time zone location on the internet and adjust your camera's setting accordingly.

Example: If you live in eastern USA (Eastern Standard Time) you set the time zone to -5. Adjust for daylight savings to Eastern Daylight Time.

Last edited:

Just mo

I can tell you from the support questions we get that more than a few people have no idea what time zone they reside in, some have even been unaware that other time zones is actually a thing, no wonder there are people that believe the earth is flat, be careful though, these people vote and drive :p

Back