Country
Singapore
https://dashcamtalk.com/xiaomi-yi/

Solution 1:
  1. Turn off the Xiaomi Yi
  2. Press and hold the top button
  3. Press the on / off button once
  4. Release the top button
This does not resolve the problem for all users.

Please remove this solution as you effectively made my camera fail to power up now.

One member used this to fix the problem. I will remove it for now. Try reflashing the firmware.

Does the method right after it fix the problem?

One member used this to fix the problem. I will remove it for now. Try reflashing the firmware.
I can't even power up, how am I to flash the firmware? The progress.txt doesn't even generate. Pressing the power button only lights up all 3 red lights and it remains like that for the past one hour.

Without Battery & Card on Power = 3 red lights after powering on (comes off after pulling the cord)
With Battery, Without Card, on Power = 3 red lights, charged a while after powering on (also comes off after pulling the cord or removing battery)
With Battery, Card, Power = 3 red lights, formatted and Solution 2 FAT32 card, charged a while (also comes off after pulling the cord or removing battery)

Another way to turn off the 3 red lights were to depress the power + wifi button for like 20 seconds.

Does it still do that if you pull the battery?

It would usually beep like crazy when it goes wrong - has this one ever worked?

Does it still do that if you pull the battery?

It would usually beep like crazy when it goes wrong - has this one ever worked?

Thanks for the prompt reply sir.

Without Battery & Card on Power = 3 red lights after powering on (comes off after pulling the cord)
With Battery, Without Card, on Power = 3 red lights, charged a while after powering on (also comes off after pulling the cord or removing battery)
With Battery, Card, Power = 3 red lights, formatted and Solution 2 FAT32 card, charged a while (also comes off after pulling the cord or removing battery)

Another way to turn off the 3 red lights were to depress the power + wifi button for like 20 seconds.

Same problem here. My camera initially wouldn't connect to my iOS device (apparently it said it needed to update, but I couldn't read it in chinese. Later I asked a chinese friend). Then I used another app called WeTrip Lite, and it kinda worked, but it stopped and started on a reboot loop. It would start, one beep, then two beeps, then after 10~ seconds it would go off, one beep and two beeps again.

From here, I tried the normal firmware update, downloaded the last version from the official page and put it on the SD root folder (formatted in FAT32 using Linux Mint). It would go on (one beep, two beeps) and then it would start flashing and beeping, and my happiness lasted exactly 10 seconds. Surprise! the reboot loop is still a thing, so it would never update.

This is when I went berserk on the internet and found the autoexec.sh solution. Downloaded the two files, put them on the SD and when I turned on my camera (using the battery) BOOM! Dead!!! The frontal, top and bottom leds are all on red. I thought it would be a matter of time for it to start blinking, so I left it around 10 minutes. After seeing that the blue blinking signaling the firmware update would never start, I removed the battery, and then proceeded to check the SD contents. Turns out the script was executed, but the output file only had some unreadable characters on the first line and that was it.

Now my camera is useless, there's nothing I can do (I tried several buttons combinations, etc) to get it working again.

I wrote a mail to banggood, to see if they can exchange it, as I got it TODAY (yes, you read correctly, I broke it the same day it arrived from a long shipping from singapore... frustrating right? )

One thing I think didn't help my case is that I'm using a class 4 SD. I don't know if that can break the camera (doesn't sound like it would) but yeah, here I am

If you have any more suggestions for me to try in order to save the camera (and save the horrible hassle of shipping it back so they refund/exchange it) please, let me know

Thanks!

any developments on this 3 red lights of death? I received my camera yesterday and it never turned on... the first time I powered it on it stood like that, 3 red leds lighted and nothing else... I'd already emailed honorbuy but still no answer...

best regards

Last edited:
it does nothing... it only light up the 3 LEDs nothing else.

Update, a month later. I tried everything, and nothing worked. I contacted the company who sold it to me (banggood). They first transfered my case to technical service, and they sent me instructions to update the firmware. That, I had already tried, but yeah my camera was dead as in dead dead, so I sent them pictures and videos showing how dead it was. They then told me to ship it to them, and they refunded me for the shipping and sent a new one. The new one works perfectly, which leads me to think that us who got that problem might have got a defective one (which states pretty much how their quality assurance process is).

I got the new one a week ago. It's an awesome product. I'm even using it with the class 4 sd, and no problem, although to be fair I still haven't tried the 1080 on 60fps. Maybe it wont be possible with such a slow SD, but we'll see.

I think returning it is the only way out of the three lights problem

cheers!

Back