Toguard CE20 acting weird

jerryv

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi from a newbee, im looking for some help and advice if possible, because if its anymore than pulg and play, im knackered.
Ive recently purchased a Toguard CE20 with GPS which is hardwired from the back of cigarette lighter as its on/off with ignition, after fitting, adjusting the time, i went through handbook setting resolution to 1080p, loop rec to 3mins, G-sensor off, motion detection off, parkguard off. As it played the start up and shut down jingle i thought everything was working as it should.
Ive recently needed to check some footage from a short trip i made the other day, but after removing from the vehicle and plugging into the pc and useing the mass storeage option i found something isn't right.
Although i have set loop rec to 3mins it is only recording each segment for anything between 15sec to the full 3mins, but heres the real pain! inbetween each recording the camera goes into standby and doesnt record anything for between 15sec and 3mins, then comes out of standby and starts recording again. I have since pluged it into the pc useing the long lead, put it on the table and set it to record as if inthe vehicle for an hour, and got the same results.
Im useing a Skandisk ultra plus 32GB v10 SD card that has been formatted in the camera and via the pc.
Any help very much appreciated.
Cheers
Jerry

Hi Jerryv Welcome to the forum.

There are not a wealth of information in here on the brand of camera you have, but there are still some common features all cameras share.
Since your camera pause itself like that, and record irregular lengths of files, it would seem like some form of sensor are still in action.

I was able to find your model at the makers home page.
But finding a firmware for your model,,,, hell even any of their models on the download page seem impossible.
It all seem to be just players and test software for their different models and memory cards.

Where did you get your memory card from ? these can be fake and it can also create provlems for writing on the memory card.

Hi Jerryv Welcome to the forum.

There are not a wealth of information in here on the brand of camera you have, but there are still some common features all cameras share.
Since your camera pause itself like that, and record irregular lengths of files, it would seem like some form of sensor are still in action.

I was able to find your model at the makers home page.
But finding a firmware for your model,,,, hell even any of their models on the download page seem impossible.
It all seem to be just players and test software for their different models and memory cards.

Where did you get your memory card from ? these can be fake and it can also create provlems for writing on the memory card.

Hi Kamka1, thanks for the reply.
i can't remember when or where i got the the card from, it was a while ago, but it may have been off the internet (e-bay) possibly, so could well be of suspect origins.
Not sure what sensors could be left to turn off, every thing not needed is turned off, even audio, and resolution set to 720p and retried, got same results.
I'll admit to being a bit of a plank and not uderstanding much about this technology, but ive just done a quick search and found a reputable dealer where i can get a Nextbase 32gb u3 sd card with a 100mb/s read speed and a higher 60mb/s write speed, recomemded for dashcams and very good reviews. Might be worth a try?

You can test your memory card with little free programs like H2testw ASO, these will flare up if the card are fake, usually a smaller card modified to appear to be / present it self as larger.

Sandisk and Samsung i think are the most faked cards out there.

You can test your memory card with little free programs like H2testw ASO, these will flare up if the card are fake, usually a smaller card modified to appear to be / present it self as larger.

Sandisk and Samsung i think are the most faked cards out there.

Hi, Downloaded H2testw and running the program. How long should it take? its writing at 520kbytes/s and got 15 hours left to go

try a different card reader, if it's still that slow it might confirm you have a card issue

Hi, 10 hours later and only about 1/4 of the way through, that sounds slow to me! Going to try a new card

Using a camera as card reader in mass storage mode are often a slow process, but not that slow.

Using a camera as card reader in mass storage mode are often a slow process, but not that slow.

Had a dodgey card, new one seems to be working perfick. Should have learnt by now, its cheap for a reason, quality costs,
Thanks for the pointers to get sorted.

Back