TOGUARD CE65

chris-s

Reaction score
Country
France
Dash Cam
Blackvue DR750S-2CH, DR750X-2CH, A129-DUO, many others...
Hi all !

Recently, I've tested a TOGUARD CE20, here is the review (sorry it is in french).

Now I've received a TOGUARD CE65.
Can anyone tell me what is the component at the left of the capacitors (look at picture) ?
This is the first time I see this component in a dashcam.

CE20 and CE65 produce very good video quality, the CE65 is even better than my A118.
CE65 price is only EUR 36 (about USD 44)

Does anyone know this TOGUARD brand ?

IMG_20170922_152250 (Small).jpg

It looks for all the world like a squashed super-capacitor shell. If you look closely, it has the same designation on the side as the normal looking capacitors. - 2.6V 3.oF (or possibly 3.2F)

magnified.png

Last edited:
Yep it's a supercap.
But is it really necessary to add it ?

I guess it could be to save date & time, I think about my G1WCB which often lose date & time.

zoom.jpg

Yep it's a supercap.
But is it really necessary to add it ?

I guess it could be to save date & time, I think about my G1WCB which often lose date & time.

View attachment 33371

It appears to be the plastic shell that surrounds a capacitor, kind of a strange place for it to be unless they were looking for a cheap way to shield some part of the electronics for some reason. With out really knowing it is probably best to just leave it there:D You might want to contact the manufacture with the picture and ask him WTH is this in here for:confused::cool:. Actually it is a good quality shield of sorts:ROFLMAO:! Only concern you would have is the capacitors or rated for 2.7V and the shield only has a 2.6V rating:whistle::ROFLMAO:. Just joking with you, couldn't help it!:censored:

Maybe its the RTC battery in there ?

Back