Too Sensitive - Records Motion 25% of daylight time.

Reeltripp

Reaction score
Country
United States
Firmware F113, Sensitivity set to 1 both front and rear, and area cut down to 1 block front and rear. I've tried many settings and there is not a lot of difference. Works great at night, just when a car drives by but during the day anything triggers it. Butterflies, clouds, flag waving across the street, birds, and on a rainy day it recorded every 20 seconds ( yes, a 30 second clip every 20 seconds). I get over 18 gb, 1000 files of just motion during the 14 hours of daylight.
I guess I'll be better off to just get a security camera to watch the car so no one will steal the Dash Cam.
Hopefully a firmware change could fix the sensitivity settings to be more realistic.
PS. I'm using the 128 gb Kinston SD (green).

I'm using the app, saving, then rechecking. Also check the settings before I pull the SDHC to download.

Try forming the memory cards with the Lukas viewer on your computer, and then adjust the sensitivity settings.
The Lukas Smart Phone app sometimes has problems properly saving the settings.

The settings seem to remain as set with the iPhone 5 App. For the last 24 hours, The percentage of recording during daylight is 17%. Works out to 0.33 gb per hour. It didn't rain and the wind was light so that helped. I can live with this and just hope we can cut back on the sensitivity with future firmware.

I don't really see what the problem is really unless it is battery drain. If no damage to the car, you could delete files and if the SD card fills up, then it will rewrite over the previous files, including, I assume, the oldest saved files.

Aside from the batter drain, I am not sure where the downside is.

Back