Too specific in what I want?

S2000CR

Reaction score
Country
United States
I bought two LB100s and am looking to upgrade my set up.

This is what I'm looking for and if anyone could help direct me, I'd appreciate it:

* WiFi (not necessary)
* Capacitor (if possible but not necessary. I live in So Cal in an area that gets up to at least 105 degrees.)
* Screen that shows rt (one reason why I really don't like the LB100)
* Parking mode/motion detector

If anyone could help, I'd be so grateful! I'm open to price.

Last edited:
How about this: i bought a new car that i have a hard time seeing the front of. I don't need wifi if i can use a screen instead.

just so I understand, in what kind of scenario would you be wanting to look at the screen to see to the front?

Problem is always with parking.

Modified honda crz base. Car sits 2 3/4 inches off the floor. No in dash system. I'll eventually change my hu but that won't be for awhile.

I also like the parking mode feature from the lb100 since i park on streets a lot too.

ok, I'm not familiar with the model, we do reverse cameras also and often add front parking cams, we have a special interface box to integrate into existing reverse cam setups or they can be used standalone, front cam would mount in the grille or bumper as appropriate, much more suitable for this scenario

the challenge for using a dashcam with a screen is it's often hard to see from the driving position and the lens view isn't ideal for this purpose, not sure what to suggest considering what you have in mind, maybe others will offer some ideas

you're not too specific but you'll be better served with two separate devices. I've embedded an LCD screen that has 2 inputs. it automatically turns on to show what's behind me when I shift to reverse just like an OEM system. a second video input can be used for a front camera if I needed and I can power it with a switch if I need to avoid parking blocks in front of me. the total cost of my setup? I'd say less than $50 and it's been reliable for 2 years now. will post amazon links to my specific setup when I get a chance tomorrow.

as for a dash cam with reliable parking mode, a capacitor (high heat resistance) and a Sony exmor sensor, I can recommend the very affordable blacksys CF-100.

one day late but here it goes:

the LCD i'm using came from this
Esky® Foldable 4.3 Inch Color LCD TFT Rearview Monitor screen. the housing is absolutely terrible and will melt on your dash on a hot day. the LCD was perfectly useable though so i replaced the mirror on my sun visor with it. it was almost the same size so it doesn't look out of place and my passengers don't notice it until i have to reverse.

the camera i'm using is a

TaoTronics® TT-CC04 Car Rear View Camera Keyhole Backup Camera Waterproof IP67 Night Vision Reversing Camera with Wide Viewing Angle Universal Camera for All Cars. i had this same camera on my previous honda fit for 4 years so i know it's reliable. you can easily install this on your front bumper and it's pretty discreet since it's flush mounted.

and what it looks like on my fiat:
Untitled by nestor panelo, on Flickr

image by nestor panelo, on Flickr

Back