top 2 are gt550w and jokiin's gs1000?

killercut

Reaction score
From my research on this thread, I've come to the conclusion that the gt550w (since the ls300w is the same but the gt550w is the newest model) and jokkin's gt1000 are the top 2 dash cams. Now I'm torn between the 2. I don't know what format the gt550w or even the ls300w compresses in (is it h264?) I think the gs1000 is h264, so I guess that's good...
If you had to pick, for overall quality, especially for reading US license plate numbers, which camera should I get? I would like to be able to read license plate numbers at night as well, instead of getting major glare from their rear license plate lights... Having gps with speed would also be great but not a major factor...

I've run out of stock of this model anyway, new models are still about a month away so right now the GT550W is your only choice out of the two

Don't rule out the Lukas LK-7900.

Sent from my Galaxy Note

There are many others good dash cams "out there", - you forgot to mention a budget.
If we are talking about certain mid price range ( value for money ), then yes, TioTech series & jokiin dash cams fall into top of this category.

Regarding license plate readings at night there are a lot to talk about, but from my experience there are some factors that even premium priced dash cams can not overcome yet these days.

Read this thread:
Reading License Plates at Night. HID / Xenon, standard bulbs

Last edited by a moderator:
Back