gt300w or gt550w

phatcow

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I've been trying to decide between these 2 cams. They are both about the same price so I'm not sure which one is better in terms of picture quality and reliability. Any sugestions?

They are both the same apart from the outer shell. 550 has optional GPS (which I do not know if it's even available yet)

So there's really no point in getting a gt300w then?

Not as far as I know, unless you prefer the plain look of the GT300W :)

Gurkha9 said:
They are both the same apart from the outer shell. 550 has optional GPS (which I do not know if it's even available yet)

GT550W "with" GPS is due out any day now. Here's the thread:
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1913

Last edited by a moderator:
For me personally GPS function is useless, so you have to think realistically if you going to use it, how often etc. Having gps antenna plugged in every day, if you want to remove dash cam few time per day from you car for security reason not get stolen, then gps antenna is hassle every time to plug in / remove and then again attach. I find it annoying. In this case I prefer to go with built in gps, but those dash cams are different price range.
However if you decide to go with gt550w, I recommend to buy from Saddle or Foxoffer, - those two vendors has been often discussed in this forum. Most active vendor with positive feedback is Foxoffer.

yes, their price is slightly higher, but you paying for good aftersales support.

Back