Transcend DrivePro 50 Video Review

USDashCamera

Reaction score
Country
United States

I was sent a DrivePro 50 from transcend for review. It is their most affordable, most basic dash cam available. Retails for around $90 USD. Features 1080p 30 fps at about 11mbps (for just video), 1.8 aperture and 130 degree wide angle lens. It does come with a 16 gb high endurance memory card also. I personally use transcend memory cards and don't even use the high endurance cards and they work great, still have not had a single problem even after having several problems with sandisk.

Overall its not gonna wow anyone, but I think the day video quality is good but probably nothing more than what we all expect at this point. The night footage is pretty bright, but like many other cameras much grainier than the day footage.

The special thing is this cam does have WiFi with an iOS/Android app. The app is nothing special, but it does what you need to be able to do: watch a live feed to set your camera up properly, watch files, download or delete files, and change the cameras settings.

Overall for the quality many might point out cheaper alternatives, but considering transcend is a name brand that you actually see in US store shelves the price is not bad to me for a WiFi cam with a decent first party app and a 16 gb memory card included. You can definitely find cheaper for just as good quality and features but there are a lot of consumers who will be hesitant to buy brands they have never heard of when they see well known brands selling similarly priced products.

Check out the video above.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Dash Cam Reviews 3