Transcend microSDXC 64GB UHS-I Class 10 Premium 400x issue

iroha

Reaction score
Country
Belarus
Hello, I have purchased a 64 GB microSD card Transcend microSDXC 64GB UHS-I Class 10 Premium 400x SG, but it won't work with my Street Guardian.
I have tried to format it with different FAT32 formatters, but nothing works. When I plug it to power bank, POWER and MIC lamps light up, but the screen is black. Even after waiting 30 mins+ nothing happens. After keeping pressed down the power button for couple secs the lamps turn off. After pressing power button down again POWER and MIC lamps light up and initial screen "Street Guardian" appears, but that's it, it doesn't start to record. Pressing other buttons doesn't help - menu won't appear.
When I try a 2GB memory card, it works.
Could anyone give me any ideas how to deal this issue?!

are you sure the card is genuine?

it needs to be formatted in camera, you need a recent firmware version to do that though

on any of the public release firmwares it will trip up when booting with an exFAT card

will look like this

new firmware coming will go to format menu when exFAT cards are found at boot

if the screen goes black straight after you power on make sure you don't have the GPS plugged into the AV port

if still have problems check with @alexsoll for help locally

try the h2testw software to see if the card is genuine too as fake cards can cause random problems
Memory card test

Wow, indeed amazingly fast response! Thank you.
I'll try to check the authenticity of the card with software tools, though the package seem to be genuine.

If it won't boot up at all in the camera here is a Trick

Re-format it ExFAT in Windows. That should shock it out of the stuck state. After you get the normal card full/error message at boot-up then format in the camera via settings menu

Don't use 3rd party FAT32 formatter especially in Windows 10 or it can cause the card to lockup at boot.

@iroha
Call me, I will explain or come, I will do.
+375296013901

Dear everybody, thanks for help!
Running the test of the card showed no errors, however the speed was far from 60Mb/s written on the package (it was 17.7 MByte/s for writing and 33.3 MByte/s for reading).

If it won't boot up at all in the camera here is a Trick

Re-format it ExFAT in Windows. That should shock it out of the stuck state. After you get the normal card full/error message at boot-up then format in the camera via settings menu

Don't use 3rd party FAT32 formatter especially in Windows 10 or it can cause the card to lockup at boot.

Eventually the trick suggested by @Pier28 has helped. Here what I have done (probably some of the steps were unnecessary):
1. Updated the firmware to "_V2_beta_9" using my 2GB card.
2. Formatted the 64GB card to ExFAT using Windows formatter (Windows 7)
3. Got an error message "Card Full" at boot-up of SG, and did formatting with camera's menu, as shown in the video above (thanks @jokiin !)

All the formatting tried before with 3rd parties' formatters was done at Windows 8.1 laptop. Maybe that was the problem. Because when I was inserting card after them, camera did not boot up at all. Not more than initial screen.

Again thanks everybody for kind and fast help! Can't wait to try my SG in the car! :)

@alexsoll I will disturb you if anything serious comes up! ;)

@alexsoll I will disturb you if anything serious comes up!
no problem
Running the test of the card showed no errors, however the speed was far from 60Mb/s written on the package (it was 17.7 MByte/s for writing and 33.3 MByte/s for reading).
where did you buy this memory card?
==========
this is a test of memory cards, which I sell: http://autodvr.by/memcards/transcend./ts64gusdu1

7yoDO3.png

7yoDO8.png

7yoDOa.png

alfJv.png

Last edited:
All the formatting tried before with 3rd parties' formatters was done at Windows 8.1 laptop. Maybe that was the problem. Because when I was inserting card after them, camera did not boot up at all. Not more than initial screen.

possibly, we've found the formatters don't work reliably on anything later than Win7, new firmware coming will be able to handle this to remove reliance on 3rd party programs

@Pier28 I received my street guardian sgzc12ss yesterday and it came with a transcend 32gb card. The card will not work in the street guardian but it will work on another dash cam that I have. I haven't had time to investigate this yet. It is strange.

@Pier28 I received my street guardian sgzc12ss yesterday and it came with a transcend 32gb card. The card will not work in the street guardian but it will work on another dash cam that I have. I haven't had time to investigate this yet. It is strange.

Can you please clarify?
The SGZC12SS (USA Amazon listing) doesn't come with a memory card by default. Maybe unless you added one from our Pier28 site directly as an accessory
Also the SGZC12SS uses a full size SD card. (not recommended to use microSD in a SD adapter)
Did you format the card in the camera at least one?

@Pier28 You were kind enough to throw the 32gb card in the deal when I bought a open box from you. If using a microSD is not recommended then why did you send me one? Yes I formatted it in the unit.

Back