Trying to figure it out

unpaidbill

Reaction score
Country
United States
I got my B40 and have been plugging it in to my computer (power only, using attachment to block data). I managed to find the menu and check the choices out, but the camera comes on to record and after 7 seconds or so, shuts off, then recycles with the title page (Black Box), records for another 7 seconds or so and shuts off again. Over and over. I'd like to make sure it's going to work before I go to the trouble of installing it in the car. Suggestions?

Try a power adapter that can provide more power than a computer port such a decent phone charger, or just hook it to the vehicle power adapter while holding it in your hand in the vehicle to see if that works - usb from a computer puts out only 500ma I think. If you still have issues then check another micro sd card, especially if yours is a brand that sometimes has issues (Samsung, Sandisk) or if you are at all unsure of its authenticity - and there is software to help verify that. Those would be the first things I would try.

Last edited:
Or use a power bank (battery pack) with good cable.
Some cables are so bad that they don't pass through needed power.

i've not heard of issues w/ samsung cards, only sandisk. i've got a couple samsung cards and haven't had trouble with them in anything.

but speaking of that - turning on the camera with NO memory card inside will make it easier to get into the menus and get it set the way you want.

Back