Two beeps?

RavenManiac

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Duo, mini 0806 (RIP)
I noticed that my A129 now makes 2 quick beeps after it starts up. I am using the Bluetooth remote button. Is this just an alert that the remote is synced or is it something else?

I noticed that my A129 now makes 2 quick beeps after it starts up. I am using the Bluetooth remote button. Is this just an alert that the remote is synced or is it something else?
Are these beeps separate from the normal startup sound?

Yes, but they didn't occur until after I added the remote—which is why I'm making an assumption.

I have not noticed any extra startup noise (beeps) after adding the remote. Your on firmware V1.5?

Actually, I just discovered that the two beeps did replace the normal startup chime.

I did a little more investigating and I discovered that the A129 is recording non-stop—car on or off. What the heck? What could have caused that and how do I stop it?

Must not have the 3-wire kit connected correctly. What parking mode are you using? Connected directly into the camera correct?

What parking mode were you using and what did you change it to?

We typically recommend auto event detection, with the g-sensor set to the most sensitive, as this will allow the dash cam to trigger recording when movement is detected and, more importantly, when something hits the vehicle (door dings, vandalism, etc.).

I think this is how it was set. So with this setting should parking mode be OFF?

When the A129 enters or leaves parking mode, there are two beeps. When the camera starts up (from being totally off), it should make the typical startup noise (not beeps). I just tested to confirm this.

So, if I have the camera setup for event detection with the G sensor set to the most sensitive, does the parking mode need to be on or off?

Auto Event Detection is a mode in Parking Mode. The G-sensor will automatically be set to high while in parking mode, you do not need to adjust the normal g-sensor. Leave the g-sensor at the default setting. If your using Auto Event Detection for parking mode, then parking mode will automatically be enabled once you select the mode you want (Auto Event Detection in your case).

Back