Two pumpkin heads break into my house, thailand

dash riposki

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Dash Cam
too many
This is a small house i built in Thailand, with lifetime rights of use or occupancy.

There has been a dispute with the family involved, and legal action pending.
It was verified my contract is valid. I was told by my lawyer to change the locks on the empty house, 75 km from where i live now.
I did so, reconnecting the cameras at the same time.

5.5 hours later, family members of the ex gf break in the house, coached by the ex on speaker phone.
(From norway!)

They disconnected the wifi cams, and changed the locks.

These are inexpensive wifi cams.

The audio was sufficient to hear what the person was saying on speakerphone.

They stood under cams near the 3 entry doors and held discussions. All recorded, until they unplugged the cams.

We weren't able to meet with the police for about 2 weeks, but it was productive.

Keys turned over, some stolen items returned, and the family warned to keep off of the property.
(They are claiming they did not understand my rights, or the usufruct contract)

I will be visiting the house freguently while legal action continues.

Last edited:
In the last few months i have been removing anything of value, (that i own!) on my weekly visits to the house.
I check the cams, locks, cut grass... Wave at gawking villagers.

The house was empty by last saturday, except all of her property was left untouched. (Mostly clothes)
The family had broken into the house before, and removed property belonging to me. Things were still missing.

I am moving into an inexpensive house in another province, i am taking these things, there.

Last edited:

So, ex gf returns to thailand a few days ago. Manages to really annoy my lawyer, making demands.
My Lawyer had set up a meeting with her at the local police station in a few weeks, she sgreed to that meeting, but now insists NOW.
(House is 75 km away, big holiday soon)

Not fast enough for ex!

A few hours after lawyer told me about the planned meeting, ex hires handyman, instructs him to break into house. (All on cam, and recorded.)

the handyman tried to hide his face. The door he broke into is next to a large 'no trespassing' and smaller 'smile you are on cam' signs.

He parked his work vehicle under a cam, and his work vehicle has a sign with his name and phone numbers on it.

Who needs netflix? I get as much entertainment value with my wifi cams on my (supposed to be) empty house.

I have 7 cloudcams running with a 100 gb, 12 mo 'unlimited, ' sim card router.

I am maxxing out the high speed, though. Have reduced speeds half the month. Card was $50 usd.
Happy to have these cams, although imperfect, have saved my butt.

Will have interesting video to post once police stuff is finalized.

Last edited:
I hope you have taken pictures / video of all the things that use to be in that house.

Dont Thais just not care or are they blind ? i can not imagine your CCTV cameras are stealthy.

He turned out to be a local, who knew the family.

My lawyer found his address, went to his house, even got him to pose next to the work vehicle.

He says he did not know they had no rights to the house, not possible to prosecute

I saw later after we left his house and headed to the police station, he made a beeline to my house to warn the GF, but carefully stayed off of the property

Last edited:
Update: videos pulled during litigation.

A criminal complaint was lodged against the ex in the provincial criminal court for trespassing. Mediation was attempted, again. The ex refuses to leave my house, or make rational offers to buy out my rights.

The trial for the (separate) lawsuit starts in civil court in 2 weeks.

Thailand has some unusual legal procedures.

The police can file criminal charges, or a private citizen can prepare evidence, and present the case to a judge, who reviews it, accepts it for trial, asks for more info, or turns it down.

We spent a day in court and the judge heard enough. His decision was made, but it has to be forwarded to a panel of judges in another province for review. Next criminal court date is late august.

I can't go into details about the trials, but my cheap wifi cams are the star witnesses.

I am lucky i have months of footage...hours...and hours, via the cloud service.

Its still a nightmare, and even if i win both procedures, i lose $$$$

Last edited:
Oh, for some reason the ex contacted tv news in early april...
Would be interesting to understand what was being 'reported'. (Quite sure it's her take on the 'facts' of the situation.)

Thai is a funny language, always put a smile on my face when i hear it.

Would be interesting to understand what was being 'reported'. (Quite sure it's her take on the 'facts' of the situation.)
I can't comment much. Her statements on the tv news will be discussed in court.

This has been been a total xxxx show that has been laughable at times, but overall, annoying.

Last edited:
848982.jpg
In the meantime....i am still in exile at an undisclosed place on the mekong.

Thai is a funny language, always put a smile on my face when i hear it.
I can pick out a handful of words. 'kep kin' is the thai word for usufruct... (The legal contract that gives me rights to the land)
Farang, is foreigner.

Well for a exile, that do not look too bad. :cool:

Back