Two suggestions

cdnpont

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
DVR207
A great thing is having a "Recently Active posts" tab in the top toolbar. That way we could always easily see what is going on outside our own preference.
It works well on other sites I've seen.

Second is a members map app. Lets members place a pin where there from. Make it interesting to see at a glance where we're from. ZeeMaps is easy and its free. The admin would just have to create a button to it in the toolbar.

Hi Zeemaps seems interesting. I set one up here. Unfortunately I don't see any way to mass upload the user name and location. Now to figure out where to put it on the site. Do you have any examples of other sites using this?

Here's a site using it. It's in the main blue toolbar. I actually suggested it here as well.
http://canadianponcho.activeboard.com/p/recent/

It's setup that the user places his own pin. Only he (or a Admin/moderator) can change his own info.
Another member cannot change another users pin.

Sorry for hijacking the thread.
Can you create a subforum dedicated to OEM cameras? Thanks in advance.

Hi ursamajor,

Not sure what you mean by OEM camera? What kind of cameras would belong in that subforum? Can you show me some examples of topics that would make sense in that category?

Thanks

LS650W, VF300w, G1W etc. :)
Already there are some threads on General dashcam discussions.

I think you mean pretty much any Chinese camera since most are not "branded". It might be confusing to have an OEM sub-forum. Is a Samoon Chinese camera an OEM or something else?

Easier just to talk about all cams in one spot, and if the camera or manufacturer becomes popular, a sub-forum will be created for it.

Hi Zeemaps seems interesting. I set one up here. Unfortunately I don't see any way to mass upload the user name and location. Now to figure out where to put it on the site. Do you have any examples of other sites using this?
Location in Ireland added

Back