U3000 vs U1000 Video Quality Comparison

htpoint

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Here is a comparison of the new Thinkware U3000 vs the U1000, I dont want to spoil anything, you be the judge of the quality would love to know what you think and if its worth the upgrade.

Night mode on the U3000 looks much more grainier than its predecessor. I have the same experience with the super night vision enabled. Was yours on for both of them?

Allegedly it was off (it says so in the beginning), but I find it hard to believe that the quality of the U3000 with STARVIS2 would be as low...

@htpoint - would you be willing to do a quick video comparison of the U3000 with Night Vision turned on and off (at night, obviously)? I am still wondering why the U3000 underperforms at night, considering the STARVIS2 capabilities. I am still hoping that this would be a software / driver issue, that can be resolved by Thinkware.

@htpoint - would you be willing to do a quick video comparison of the U3000 with Night Vision turned on and off (at night, obviously)? I am still wondering why the U3000 underperforms at night, considering the STARVIS2 capabilities. I am still hoping that this would be a software / driver issue, that can be resolved by Thinkware.
I actually have the video that shows the night time footage with and without night vision on this full review of the U3000:

I actually have the video that shows the night time footage with and without night vision on this full review of the U3000:
With super night vision on, it looks overexposed and super grainy. It seems like a downgrade from the U1000 for recording in the evening.

I recently disabled super night vision for continuous recording. I kept the super night vision enabled for parking mode, I haven't checked if it is a pro or a con to have it on yet. The worry is that it's too overexposed and I'm unable to see license plates.

With super night vision on, it looks overexposed and super grainy. It seems like a downgrade from the U1000 for recording in the evening.

I recently disabled super night vision for continuous recording. I kept the super night vision enabled for parking mode, I haven't checked if it is a pro or a con to have it on yet. The worry is that it's too overexposed and I'm unable to see license plates.
I just wish they added HDR and none of this night vision mode stuff, like you said it just overexposed everything which isn't really helping anything just makes the footage worse in my point of view. I have it turned off for both continuous recording and parking.

Back