Unable to connect to WiFi through app 1.003, 1.004, 1.005. Please see latest post for updates HELP!

Dashcamartz

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have tried everything. Firmware updated to 1.005. Used the new software to format and update wifi settings. All that pops up when I try to connect to the cam is "failed to connect wifi" . My android phone are s4 and oneplus and even tried nexus 10. Also tried iPhone 5 and it still failed.

I tried switching micro SD cards as well from adata to sandisk class 10 64gb. Everything works other than wifi!

I was able to connect twice with the older firmware but with many unsuccessful attempt to in between

Well that's convenient ... :( how do I revert back?
I guess I can't?

Have to wait for next update? I guess I'll wait for blackboxmycar.com to reply me

Later I will write how return 1.004

Thanks, I used google translate , so in the version.bin I change the 1.004 into 1.005 from the 1.004 firmware?

first you put firmware 1.004 and version.bin change 1.005

OK so I download 1.004 firmware from the first thread u posted, then in the zip file I locate version.bin and change the 1.004 -> 1.005 using notepad. Extract and put the blackvue folder into micro SD and then put it into the dashcam and let it downgrade.

This this correct?

I would like to thank @alexsoll , my problem was fixed.
I formatted the SD card with the latest Blackvue viewer on PC, downloaded the 1.004 fw and changed the version number in the version.bin file to 1.005. loaded it into the blackvue, it "upgraded" and wifi was fully functional on 2 phones I tested. Everything works so far. Will test tomorrow after a full day of driving.

Conclusion - DO NOT USE 1.005 firmware. totally broke my WIFI function.

Thanks again

I spoke too soon!
IT FAILS TO CONNECT YET AGAIN even on 1.004

I was advised to turn off "auto network switching" on my phone but I have a Oneplus ONe which doesn't have this feature. I tried to turn on airplane mode and use wifi only so the phone will not auto switch to mobile and timeout the connection to the blackvue, but I still cannot connect.

I will try on the Samsung phones I have tonight to see if it will work. I'm not hopeful.

Update:
So I exchanged my unit for a completely new one. While I was at the retailer, I tested twice it worked. I tried connecting a third time. it failed again. No matter what I tried. This time the firmware is at 1.003 and still using the newest version of the android app. So I have tried 1.003, 1.004 and 1.005 now. with a new unit with no luck. I think I'll have to hold my breath and wait for a new version of the app to come out. It seems that many people are complaining their samsung phones are not working or worked only a few times as well.

Currently still on 1.003, I used the SD card formatter 4.0 to format my Sandisk Ultra 64GB card. I then formatted the card using the blackvue viewer to FAT32. When I put the card into the BV to initialize it worked good and then I could connect to the wifi twice. After the camera has been running for a bit I can no longer connect to the wifi.

The SD card records all videos with good quality. I cannot for the life of me get WIFI to work reliably. I've even gone to order a new Lexar 300x SD card recommended by Blackvue UK, I will be trying thta one out when it arrives.

Note: This is the replacement unit I got from my local authorized distributor.

Does anyone have any continuous problems with connecting to WiFi with the 1.85 Android app? I tried connecting using my gf's iphone as well and it wouldn't connect either. Deeply frustrated

Update:
I filled up my Sandisk ultra 64gb card, the blackvue does not seem to loop over the old files, once it filled up it stopped recording. I deleted all the video files, powered up the blackvue again and the wifi works..... only for a while... I was able to do everything with the app, connect, watch video, live view and update settings.

I unplugged the blackvue at night in my garage since there's nothing to film at night anyway.

Plugged it back in in the morning... drove to work. Decided to try whether wifi will work, again "fail to connect wifi"

Is there a connection between the Sandisk SD card and the inability to connect to the wifi?

In the morning before the SD card was filled up, I couldn't even detect the blackvue wifi hotspot, it just wouldn't even appear on my phone.

I'm very confused.

@alexsoll do you think the unit is defective then? Should I get it exchanged again?

Or do you think that the app is unstable to begin with? I'm running out of options.

I could update the firmware to 1.004 on the replacement unit, that's the only thing I have not tried.

but I don't see that being a solution

if you read the manual, hooked up correctly, no changed settings, no changes were made to the software, and the dvr is still not working as is provided by the manufacturer, then you need to contact the seller and resolve the problem.

Back