DR650GW-2CH

Look forward to the custom version @alexsoll.

If you do an English version (rather than default Russian) I might be tempted to donate even more money to your cause :)

Reactions: GRG
Nothing wrong with current custom FW v1.5 using in English I believe. But I really look forward to the Kernel updated in the custom FW

Sure, it is fine, but if you format the device holding down the WiFi button it defaults to Russian so is a bit of a pain to get back to English.

I never did that before. Did you try roll back to stock FW before format ?

Probably not. I've been fiddling with DR600's and DR650's so I may be getting confused.

They recommend you format your card once a week (which I'm not doing) and for one I'm certainly not pulling the SD card out every week to format it, so I guess holding the WiFi button in does the same job? I may be wrong, but happy to be corrected.

Yay, it's on the app as well (for those who are always traveling and rarely have time to use their computers at home like me)

406f40bfd7e20285ac9c6ad12f4c5495.jpg

On firmware v1.005 confirmed by periodic disconnection rear camera.
Installation is NOT RECOMMENDED

?
I have updated to the above firmware.

Are you saying that this is not advisable to use/update if you periodically disconnect the rear camera ?

I updated to the version 1.005 probably a week ago now, I haven't noticed any issues with rear camera not working until today, I was going over some video footage while my car was parked and notice in the bottom right corner it said DR650 Full HD- OFF, so I guess that means the rear camera is off for some reason..

Never noticed this until today.. Hmm

I looked back at my last 2 days of footage and it seem as soon as the camera goes into parking mode the rear camera disconnects.. you can see the attached photo says the rear camera if OFF for some reason

Attachments

• 20150705_101733_PF.jpg
    20150705_101733_PF.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 25
Last edited:
I updated to the version 1.005 probably a week ago now, I haven't noticed any issues with rear camera not working until today, I was going over some video footage while my car was parked and notice in the bottom right corner it said DR650 Full HD- OFF, so I guess that means the rear camera is off for some reason..

Never noticed this until today.. Hmm

I looked back at my last 2 days of footage and it seem as soon as the camera goes into parking mode the rear camera disconnects.. you can see the attached photo says the rear camera if OFF for some reason

In the brief time that ive had this camera I've read and had nothing but issues, I'm getting very close to calling this a toy town product, how many people had/have this issue and what is the manufacturer doing about it??????
I will check mine later.

I had a dr550 last year that was awful. had to return it, but the replacement has worked fine since, so has my 650. i use both as a 4 channel setup.

but i also never updated the firmware. I have been planning on getting @alexsoll custom firmware but never get around to it.

Blackvue has been known to have hardware issues, but to me it seems like most cameras do. the difference is blackvue is expensive, and also likely the most popular expensive brand so we hear more about the issues they have.

DR650GW-2CH_v1.004RUS(2015.03.27)_Windows
DR650GW-2CH_v1.004RUS(2015.03.27)_Mac
DR650GW-2CH_v1.004ENG(2015.03.27)_Windows
DR650GW-2CH_v1.004ENG(2015.03.27)_Mac

[Key improvements] DR650GW-HD

1. System stabilization

2. After the firmware upgrade, please use the latest version of S/W.
- App : Android 1.83 / iOS 1.518 / Windows 1.215
- Viewer : Windows 2.41 / Mac 1.30
3. After the FOTA-upgrade, please format the SD card.
Is this still the most upto date firmware ?

Thanks for the info, I´m trying to find a source/solution to this issue. Any ideas?

And I was so looking forward to 1.006. lol.

But, am running v1.007. Will download the videos and take a look at them in a couple of days.

Back