Unable to save parameters to card

thirdmolars1996

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm using the current player that I downloaded from this site.
When going into the option screen.....to change the parameters (ie. time zone, recording quality,etc,,etc), i get an ERROR message. It states "unable to save parameters" to card.

I've used the original blue SD CARD and also a different card.
I've format the card on my computer....as well as using the Player (FORMAT card) option...still doesnt work.

Any suggestion?

thanks

Reactions: ANN
Hi thirdmolars1996,

I can only think of 2 things. Make sure the SD card is not locked. Also, after formatting the card you need to place it in the camera and start recording. The camera will create directories / files. If these are not there, you won't be able to save the settings.

Happened to me a couple of times. The card (reader) wasn't properly recognized. Unplugging and replugging fixed it for me.

This happens after formatting the card, due to the deletion of the 'setup ' folder containing the 'setup.bin' file.
It is restored by the camera during the procedure described by DashCamMan.
I keep a copy of this file on my desktop, so when I format a card I then copy this file back to the card.
The player parameters can be then changed /saved as normal.

Bump - thank you for this! Saved me the hassle of wondering why I could never save my settings after wiping the SD card.

I will pop it into my car tomorrow morning and see if I am able to edit the settings later tomorrow. I do notice that the setup.bin file is automatically created upon reformatting, is this just a dummy file for the initial config when we pop it into the dashcam?

Try to change the card reader and the problem will be solved.

Try to change the card reader and the problem will be solved.

No, what I did was format using the application and then plugging it into the dashcam, after the config (if it does this), my computer is able to modify the SD card again using the USB card reader that came with the dashcam.

Back