Unable to see any rear camera video

AdmiralGump

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I installed my DR900S-2CH today and I am unable to view any rear camera video. The light is on on both cameras. I get an error when trying to view the video in the app. "File has been overwritten. Please refresh file list." The front camera video plays just fine.

No clue as to what is going on. The video will not play on the PC either. Front plays fine on PC but rear does not.

Running the 1.003 firmware.

Any suggestions?? So far I am very unimpressed. The PC version of the software is pretty much useless as well. It constantly crashes.

Just to add:

I have tried a different memory card. Happens with the stock 16GB BV memory card and a Samsung 128GB card.
Tried changing the video type to H.264
Tried changing the resolution.
Checked connections of the coax running to the rear camera.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180724-202646.png
    Screenshot_20180724-202646.png
    417.9 KB · Views: 9
What version of the PC viewer are you using. Later versions seem to crash all over the place, especially when trying to view the rear cam video.
Re install the V 1.13 as suggested elsewhere. I am now running 1.13 after trying later versions that crash and it seems to be pretty stable for me.

Have you tried viewing the cameras from your phone? Do you see both the front and rear camera from the phone app?

What version of the PC viewer are you using. Later versions seem to crash all over the place, especially when trying to view the rear cam video.
Re install the V 1.13 as suggested elsewhere. I am now running 1.13 after trying later versions that crash and it seems to be pretty stable for me.

I am using 1.22. Will look for 1.13 but I don't think this is gonna fix my problem.

Have you tried viewing the cameras from your phone? Do you see both the front and rear camera from the phone app?

I can't see the video for the rear camera period. The light is on but I can't see the video from the app on my phone or the app on my tablet. I can see the front video just fine. It is only the rear video that is affected. I tried switching the coax cable around and plugged the straight end on the front camera and the 90 degree end on the rear camera and get the same result.

If I try to live view the rear camera it says "Camera is in use...blah blah blah" (I can't remember the exact message. Will need to go look again.

If I try to view the video clips for the rear it says "File has been overwritten. Please refresh the list." Front clips play fine.

I sent an email to the seller and also to BlackVue. Waiting to see what the next step is. I am guessing it is the rear camera being defective.

I tried re-flashing the Firmware via the PC method and that did not resolve the issue either. If I could find the next version back I would try that but all I can find is the 1.003.

Did you contact the re-seller to see if they could exchange the unit? It does sound like a defective rear cam.

Did you contact the re-seller to see if they could exchange the unit? It does sound like a defective rear cam.

Yeah I did. It’s going to be replaced.

I talked with BV on the phone today and they also said it sounded like a hardware issue.

Should have the replacement unit Friday or Saturday.

Yeah I did. It’s going to be replaced.

I talked with BV on the phone today and they also said it sounded like a hardware issue.

Should have the replacement unit Friday or Saturday.

Great! Just out of curiosity, who was the re-seller?

So it ended up being a defective main unit (front camera). It was providing power to the rear camera but not recording any video.

It is swapped out and everything is working great now.

Dashoto was the re-seller. Excellent customer service.

Back