Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
2 x ddpai mini 2
Whenever I try to share a video on my phone this message appears:

15781665a35f1d6e64c7f06d7cd312f1.jpg

What's the issue?
I have an iPhone 6 Plus. iOS 10.3.2 software is up to date.

I can upload to Facebook and ddpai in the app.
My settings for WhatsApp and ddpai are fine as far as I'm aware.

Anyone else having issues?

Last edited:
Hi
Maybe Whatapp doesn't support 1440P video sharing!

Hi Kevin

I tried it with 1080p previously and it doesn't work.
I get the same message.

If you could share the video to facebook and ddpai, which means this is not videos issue. The videos was recorded by ddpai is mp4 format, please check with whether is ok for whatsapp or how long video whatsapp could support.

If you could share the video to facebook and ddpai, which means this is not videos issue. The videos was recorded by ddpai is mp4 format, please check with whether is ok for whatsapp or how long video whatsapp could support.

I've shared the video in Facebook page.
The file is 24 seconds in 1080p.

Please try restart your phone or update whatsapp. Because the videos could share to Facebook and ddpai app, which means videos are fine.

It
Please try restart your phone or update whatsapp. Because the videos could share to Facebook and ddpai app, which means videos are fine.
It doesn't work. The phone has been restarted several times. I can share other videos I create in WhatsApp. Just not videos from my ddpai cam.

I emailed myself the video and it plays fine. However, it's not MP4 as you stated, it's a .mov file.
Could this be the issue. That ddpai videos are .mov and WhatsApp doesn't support this format?

Last edited:
It

It doesn't work. The phone has been restarted several times. I can share other videos I create in WhatsApp. Just not videos from my ddpai cam.

I emailed myself the video and it plays fine. However, it's not MP4 as you stated, it's a .mov file.
Could this be the issue. That ddpai videos are .mov and WhatsApp doesn't support this format?

I found that whatsapp only allow to share videos less than 16mb, 10 secs videos capacity is bigger than 16mb. I tried my 5 secs video, it works.

I found that whatsapp only allow to share videos less than 16mb, 10 secs videos capacity is bigger than 16mb. I tried my 5 secs video, it works.

Ah so it's the size then.
Their FAQ's says something along the lines of 32mb and 3 minutes.

I'll try something shorter later.

Thanks for sticking with me on this. I'll get there in the end with a little help :D

I'm not sure it's the size but you can send full length video with the following steps.

1. Open video file, select top right ... and select video editing.

2. Ensure original video quality is greyed out & select next.

3. Choose audio if necessary & save.

4. Go back to videos page & a new clip will appear, original video remains.

Cheers!

Here's the screen shots

Attachments

• IMG_2233.PNG
    IMG_2233.PNG
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2234.PNG
    IMG_2234.PNG
    861.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2235.PNG
    IMG_2235.PNG
    772 KB · Views: 6