Uninterrupted Power cable/module

kaymm2

Reaction score
How do i know if this is actually working? I just installed the UPC and plugged the camera to it. I drove around and it didn't record any video! I can see the LED light blinking, about every second. When I stop the car, remove the key, it stays the same way, a blink about every second.

It seems to capture video when I park, but it didn't get any of the onboard video when my car was moving. Very strange. I'm using a Patriot 32GB SD card. I put the shock sensitivity to "OFF" when driving. Does that mean it won't record video?

Hi kaymm2,

When recording the LED should be solid red. If it is flashing, it hasn't picked up the GPS. However it should be recording when driving regardless of the shock setting. Perhaps reposition the camera on the windshield lower to see if it can pick up the GPS.

Forget the GPS for now.
Set all the settings back to default.
Disconnect the camera from the mount and from the power.
Power on the camera - does it start up properly (3 beeps)?
Point the camera manually at things (like your face) for a little while.
Power down the camera.
Check the card - did it record?
If it recorded, do the same thing but connect it via the UPC.
If it did not record, there's a problem that needs further investigation.

Hi thanks for the replies. I'm stilling testing to see what it is. I have a suspicion that it's the Patriot 32GB SD card. I removed the UPC for now and am powering the camera via cig adapter for now straight from car. With the 32GB card, it would record about 16gb and then not record anymore. I would manually delete the videos from the PC. Then at the 16Gb mark, it stops recording. Doesn't look like the camera is deleting the videos. When I had the 8GB card that came with it, it worked fine, as in it deletes old videos. So I'll test this for a while and see. Now I have 16GB card in, when I fill it up, I want to see if it's deleting.

Okay I replaced the SD with a Kingston 32GB and it works fine now. So the Patriot one is a dud.

Back