UPDATED!!!!!!!!!!! Fix for GPS woes on PC Player

gordon451

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Further to my last thread "More GPS woes on HD 100", I emailed iTRONICS support with my problem.

Paul Kim responded with a fix very quickly, and I would like to take this opportunity to thank him and his team again.

The fix is a registry hack for IE. It is a standard zip file, and modifies the registry key
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION

Unzip and merge.

iTRONICS sent me this as a Win7 hack and Paul wrote me his permission to post it here. I have tested it, and it works for PC Player 1.4 and FW 2.3 on an ITB-HD-100. I imagine it is good for Vista++ workstations. I have no idea of your mileage under XP--, or on other HD models. (See edit.)

Cheers,

Gordon.

LATE EDIT:
I got some free time :cool: and did some research. The hack is explained at http://www.cyotek.com/blog/configuring-the-emulation-mode-of-an-internet-explorer-webbrowser-control and at https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee330730(v=vs.85).aspx#browser_emulation. Basically, on any IE 8 or better (which means you could probably use this on W2K :eek:) it forces the browser to use IE11 Edge Mode. MSDN thinks this is IE11 default, but this is only true if you have applied all the updates and patches--which I haven't.

Your Windows version should not matter, and this hack should work on most PC Black Box Players.
END EDIT.

Attachments

• HD BlackBox PC Player Reg Fix.zip
    317 bytes · Views: 84
Last edited:
image.jpeg Hi all,

The registry fix didn't quite work for me, due to the fact that there was a mismatch between the EXE filename used in the registry (HD BlackBox PC Player.exe) and the actual program file being used (iTronics Blackbox PC Player.exe). You either have to edit the registry hack beforehand with Notepad and change the entry accordingly, or rename the program file to match (I think the first option is the cleaner method).

Attached a screenshot with the fixed entry of the added registry hack.

Wow, that worked. I opened the file with notepad to see what it was editing. Then went into regedit manually and added it myself. Opened PC player and the map is back! So happy.... :)

Took me a while to stumble upon this thread, but this fixed my map issue. Thanks!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
gordon451 Itronics 4
M Itronics 5
Back