Updating and a problem with the map and wi-fi on Blackvue viewer on imac.

peterm

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
DR650GW-2CH
Hi all,
I've got the DR650GW2ch with a Blackvue card in it. I'm pretty hopeless with the technical terms that people use, so just treat me like a beginner. The camera records OK and after a jerky start it plays back all right through the player. I can no longer get it to connect via wi-fi through my old iPhone, even though it used to. When I play it back, I used to get a usable map which tracked the position of the car, but now I get what I'd describe as a skeleton map. The map comes up and overlaid on it is a message saying it couldn't connect to the map. Can anyone help with as simple as possible explanation?
One more thing: We were on the road on the Sunshine Coast Hinterland (Montville, Flaxton etc) in a line of traffic with double solid lines everywhere when a small truck, about a 5 tonner came flying up behind us and really tailgated us. This went on for about seven minutes. I haven't done it before, but I want to show this to the police. How do I go on getting it off the camera in full so it can be seen on their computer. Just to explain, I spent most of my working life driving semi's and buses, but never ever found it necessary to do this. Rant over and any help much appreciated.

I have never got the map to show during playback over WiFi, I would download the files to the phone first then the map will show.
The easiest way to get the files for computer playback is to take the memory card out of the camera and plug it into your computer. From there you can burn the files to a cd for the police.

Good Luck

Best thing to do is take the memory card out put it in the PC
Open it , go to the record folder and then to the time it was looking at files that end in.GPS

If you have the Blackvue viewer open that and point it to the SDcard by going to the 3 dots under the M to the left

Eg if the SD card shows as Drive E on "My computer" click on that and then the Record folder it will show up the contents of the folder
If you have an idea of the time it happened scroll down and open one of the files Let it run till you find the one you want and there is a Copy to button below it

Copy it to somewhere on your computer and then to a USB stick and take it to the cops and hope they are interested

Thanks Hillbilly, I'll try that when the wife gives me the car back. :) Something weird here though. I replied to WeedeaterDM, but it hasn't shown up, so I bet he thinks I'm ignoring him.

Well I'm back at long last. Up and down with health :rolleyes: Anyway, I took so long about it, the clip I wanted disappeared off the card. I didn't mention that I'm using a mac computer; don't know if that makes a difference. I downloaded and installed the latest version of the viewer on to my wife's iPhone 5, or is it 4, (mine's a 3) but it still won't connect via wi fi. I've tried putting the card in to the iMac and the macbook air, but no joy there. In the macbook with the latest version of the viewer it won't work at all and in the iMac it works with the old version- 1.200 3, but the map doesn't work properly even though it used to. I hope I haven't confused you as much as I have myself.

Resurrecting an old thread here. I'm in trouble again. I've got a 64Gig BlackVue card and have been noticing that the camera's been acting a bit strange. That's to say intermittent recording, but no 'check sd card' message. Anyway, I put the card into the imac today and there's nothing recorded before last night. Any ideas/help. Should I try updating the firmware, if so, how?

I jumped the gun a bit there. After I posted I reformatted the card in the camera, It's now working properly including GPS. I'll see what happens tomorrow when we go to Brisbane.

The DR650 has hit it's EOL so I doubt there's any updated firmware for it nor will there be in the future. Especially with MAC, anytime you put the card into another device you must do an in-cam card formatting or you're likely to encounter problems of some kind.

If you run into problems again, use "sdformatter" to reset the card to it's factory specs which takes just a minute orc two, then run "h2testw" doing a full overwrite to check the card's integrity. This may take quite awhile if you are on an older computer so maybe do it overnight. If that all comes out good then do an in-cam format, reset everything bto 'default in the menu, shut down the cam, the restart it and reset to your preferred settings. If you still have problems and have another known good card compatible with your cam, try that next using the same process. If that doesn't do the trick then reflash the firmware. If BV doesn't have it somebody here might have a copy saved they can hook you up with.

Cards and cams don't last forever, but there are a lot of DR650's out there still going strong so there's every hope you won't need a new cam, maybe a card at worst. Good luck and safe travels to you!

Phil

Hi Phil,
I'm really sorry but I've only noticed your helpful reply after asking another question. I didn't get a notification email for it. Thanks anyway.

Back