Upgrading SD Card

Pikok

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Hi guys!

I'm a V1 user who's been using the 32GB Kingston SD card ever since I bought my unit. The SD Card is holding up fine, but since the latest update we can hold 128GB cards. Since summer is coming soon (*cough*) and I'll be doing some long trips, I thought upgrading my SD card to 128GB would be a great idea. Especially since the prices have dropped over the last year.

Any suggestions on which one to buy? I remember reading something that Sandisk SD cards weren't very good for dashcams, so I'm cautious with ordering one and would much rather have some feedback from you guys :)

many manufacturers do not recommend this nonsense. I have the same opinion.
I won't get into this this argument since I'm not knowledgeable, but I use four red/grey Sandisks 16 and 32 GB speed 10 in dashcams (not the StreetGuardian) sportscams, and my GPS and they all have two years of perfect behaviour.
So black is black, white is white, and there is something in-between. I'm not a fan, just bought them in a convenience store, and I was lucky.

The red/grey SanDisk cards can flip into read only mode over a long period of time. (Due to the proprietary nonstandard controller they use). It doesn't happen to everyone but I've had several customers report lost recordings so probably not worth the risk.

I won't get into this this argument since I'm not knowledgeable, but I use four red/grey Sandisks 16 and 32 GB speed 10 in dashcams (not the StreetGuardian) sportscams, and my GPS and they all have two years of perfect behaviour.
So black is black, white is white, and there is something in-between. I'm not a fan, just bought them in a convenience store, and I was lucky.
I believe that the newer batches (2015+) of the SanDisk ultra cards are of much lower quality than the old (2014) ones. A friend of mine has been running a SanDisk for a year now and he's had no problems, but I personally had 3 different SanDisk cards fail or refuse to work with Novatek cams.

Back