Urive Albatross II

jokiin said:
Ben180 said:
Can you allow maximum card size? 128gb?
This would make it massively more appealing IMO.
I'd like to record whilst I'm asleep but would need a fair size memory card for this

our A7 model will have twin SDXC card slots so will support whatever size memory is available in the format (I think 256gb per card is the current limit) but can also support an external USB hard drive up to 2TB, I think 1TB is perhaps the practical limit in a self powered drive right now though
Sounds like you've taken on board absolutely everything that's been wrong with every other camera!

Any idea how long before ready?
Also an idea on price range?

Ben180 said:
jokiin said:
Ben180 said:
Can you allow maximum card size? 128gb?
This would make it massively more appealing IMO.
I'd like to record whilst I'm asleep but would need a fair size memory card for this

our A7 model will have twin SDXC card slots so will support whatever size memory is available in the format (I think 256gb per card is the current limit) but can also support an external USB hard drive up to 2TB, I think 1TB is perhaps the practical limit in a self powered drive right now though
Sounds like you've taken on board absolutely everything that's been wrong with every other camera!

Any idea how long before ready?
Also an idea on price range?

single camera model is coming first, we should have first production samples in around 4 weeks, the development time on the dual camera A7 version is longer though, probably around 12 weeks before get to the same stage with that one

Hi

looking to try out one of these...

Does the Albatross II come with a GPS unit?
Are there any test videos or feedback

Anyone know what the custom charges are for UK. Unit price is around £220

Rgs

jokiin said:
the smallest one the cam is very small but I'm not entirely happy with the design, it's not good enough for the western market the way it is so looking at reworking that for the way I want it

Let's be honest, it can't be any worse than all those other huge, ugly lumps of plastic we are expected to stick to our windscreens! If it is a DVR with remote cams, surely what the little box looks like is irrelevant since it'll be hidden away? As long as the internals have room to breathe (ventilation)...

One of the big bugbears with current cams is because they are mounted off the screen, the lens tends to pick up reflections off the dash (my work cam picks up a pair of 'ghost hands')
A remote lens should be mounted close enough to the screen to combat this - however, would it help to use something like the eye shields you see on binocular eye pieces (or camcorder viewfinders)?

sludgeguts said:
jokiin said:
the smallest one the cam is very small but I'm not entirely happy with the design, it's not good enough for the western market the way it is so looking at reworking that for the way I want it

Let's be honest, it can't be any worse than all those other huge, ugly lumps of plastic we are expected to stick to our windscreens! If it is a DVR with remote cams, surely what the little box looks like is irrelevant since it'll be hidden away? As long as the internals have room to breathe (ventilation)...

it was the camera I was referring to, the box is not so important in the scheme of things

sludgeguts said:
One of the big bugbears with current cams is because they are mounted off the screen, the lens tends to pick up reflections off the dash

yes, that was one of things we addresses in the new design that I wasn't happy about in the previous version

sludgeguts said:
however, would it help to use something like the eye shields you see on binocular eye pieces (or camcorder viewfinders)?

I've thought of doing something like this but I'll need to wait until the cams are done as I think there would be a bit of trial and error involved and would need some real world testing rather than 3D modelling to make sure this can work as hoped

jokiin said:
sludgeguts said:
jokiin said:

it was the camera I was referring to, the box is not so important in the scheme of things

sludgeguts said:
One of the big bugbears with current cams is because they are mounted off the screen, the lens tends to pick up reflections off the dash

yes, that was one of things we addresses in the new design that I wasn't happy about in the previous version

sludgeguts said:
however, would it help to use something like the eye shields you see on binocular eye pieces (or camcorder viewfinders)?

I've thought of doing something like this but I'll need to wait until the cams are done as I think there would be a bit of trial and error involved and would need some real world testing rather than 3D modelling to make sure this can work as hoped

Yes, no good putting an eye shield on a 140 deg lens only to find the shield cuts the lens back to 110deg :lol: (or whatever).

mind you, with a remote lens, any mounting bracket would have the lens almost touching the screen & if it is mounted at the very top of the screen, there should be minimal reflection.
in my 'ghost hand' example, the DR32 is mounted in line with the mirror & due to the way the cam has to be mounted, it is also a good 3" off the screen - hence it picks up far more than it should. Anything looking through the top inch or two of screen shouldn't really see any reflections.

Dear, Dashcamtalk members :p

This is astrobile.com. We kindly inform you that we are overseas agent and authorized seller on Urive products.

So, we are in charge of multiple role to solve any product issue, CS and overseas sales for Urive.

If you have any question or problem, please feel free to contact us.

Have a good day

Urive Facebook just opened www.facebook.com/pages/Urive/165584253634590.

Become a friend and get regular update of Urive facebook.

You will definitely enjoy enjoy fantastic promotion and event of Urive dash cams in facebook!!{ RS_ADD_POINTS } 0

Last edited by a moderator:
Mtz said:
Urive Albatross II

albatross2_05.jpg

I still not understand what is the difference between Albatros II and their previous model Shotgun.

Even this dashcam is big, their offer also a white version. To be more visible and your car to be more exposed to thieves. I think Korea is on another planet with their stupid ideas regarding cameras size.

enjoy,
Mtz

Dear Mtz,

I would like to show you the size of Albatross2 is not as big as you think. I would like to upload an image with Urive Albatross2 and Blackvue DR500GW to compare its size :D

urive_dr500gw.jpg

When it is mounted on car, It even looks smaller because its front is sharply curved.

However, I toally agree on your opinion that Korea is on another planet :?: I guess, We are from toomuchhardwork planet.

Jeremy during overtime work ;)

Even 10cm x 5.3cm is far too big to stick in the windscreen IMO.

'we' accepted these big, clumsy machines back in the early days - but as far as I am concerned, it is simply not acceptable now.

I agree with Astrobile.com, Albartross2 is actually not that big and it is a perfect fit t mount discretely behind standard car mirror.
For me most important if dash camera can blend in with rear view mirror, and Albatross2 does this.
Check picture below I "photoshop". Standard mirror size is about 260 mm x 65 mm, Albatross can be hidden discretely on both sides ( right or left )

I have been following many big Korean dash cameras blogs / forums and Albatross2 has a strong reputation and good feedback from local buyers. It's a little bit pricey, but quality built and functionality is very high. You sure will get what you pay.
It's sad that nobody from this forum members has yet wrote deep review about it, but maybe high price puts off buying it.
I am sure if Urive would provide to forum members a one free sample of Albatross2 for a review, - it would be much easier for potential buyers to decide about spending or not spending huge money.

Attachments

• albatross2.jpg
    albatross2.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 44
Astrobile.com said:
urive_dr500gw.jpg

When it is mounted on car, It even looks smaller because its front is sharply curved.

However, I toally agree on your opinion that Korea is on another planet :?: I guess, We are from toomuchhardwork planet.

Jeremy during overtime work ;)

It looks fairly deep as well?
I would accept the size of the dvr IF the front lens wa also remote, so the dvr could be tucked under a dash or somewhere out of sight

★Special Event ★

★ Special event ★

Please be our facebook friend. https://www.facebook.com/urive
We would like to progress special event for our facebook friend.
We will give the two winners Urive single HD which is the smallest dash cam in Urive product as a free gift. So, don't miss this fascinating event with us.
Here is link for Urive single HD.
Date : 10th. Sep ~ 15th. Oct
The winner will be notice on facebook.
urive_singleHD_spec.html

Re: ★Special Event ★

Astrobile.com said:
★ Special event ★

Please be our facebook friend. https://www.facebook.com/urive
We would like to progress special event for our facebook friend.
We will give the two winners Urive single HD which is the smallest dash cam in Urive product as a free gift. So, don't miss this fascinating event with us.
Here is link for Urive single HD.
Date : 10th. Sep ~ 15th. Oct
The winner will be notice on facebook.
urive_singleHD_spec.html

Very good promotion, but your post is in the wrong sub-forum.
It should be here:
Vendors Sites and offers

I think the best promotion of any product is to give free sample for full test to independent reviewer like Techmoan or any other competent user of this forum. Otherwise you just giving away your product with no big return of awareness on how this product is capable to perform.

The portal www.auto-dvrs.ru published review of dual DVR Urive Albatross II.
Two-channel DVR Urive Albatross II is built on a processor Cortex A8 800MHZ, main camera has 5Mpx sensor and allows you to record in a FullHD (1920x1080), and the rear camera records video in HD (1280x720) and has 2Mpx sensor.
Urive_Albatross_II_unbox.jpg

Urive_Albatross_II_camers_1.jpg

Urive_Albatross_II_camers_2.jpg

Urive_Albatross_II_camers.jpg

Urive_Albatross_II_rear_camera.jpg

Urive Albatross II has the following functions:
• The voice notification of the Registrar
• The recorder off voltage (protection against discharge of the vehicle battery)
• The DVR timer off time
• The Screen off when overheated DVR
• G-sensor (Shock Sensor)
• Record video in the parking lot when it detects motion and G-sensor
• Display coordinates and speed - GPS Module (External)

At first glance, the standard feature set of modern DVR, but Urive Albatross II has a feature - a two-channel video recording mode and the presence of a processor Cortex A8 800MHZ.

You can read the review at: Overview of Dual Channel DVR Urive Albatross II
Use Google Translate

Hi, new member here, but long time dashcam user. I think while the USB HD feature sounds useful, Ifear it would die a quick death in the summer interior temperatures that most vehicles in moderate to hot climates would experience. Might I suggest another option which might be a good alternative to a huge in car HD? What if the unit had a wifi interface? I know other dashcams already have this, but instead of simply connecting to a smartphone, what if it was capable of connecting to a home wifi network? Then with the help of some client software on a home PC/server, the dashcam automatically uploads new videos when it senses the network is available? Or better yet, have it save the username/password and automatically upload to a specified network share. This would alleviate the need for a large HD for most normal duration trips while providing the ability to archive as much video as the owner has space for?

I had initially thought of using an eye-fi wireless SD card, but the dashcam would turn off long before the clips could finish downloading. Although now that I think of it, it might not be hard to use some sort of timer that can keep the dashcam on long enough to finish uploading. I got the idea from a very old car MP3 player I have called an Omnifi, which does almost exactly that, except in reverse with MP3 files. I save new MP3 files on the home pc and it automatically uploads to the Omnifi in the car. I would image the dashcam could be user configured to use either GPS or time of day to decide when to turn on the wifi momentarily and scan for the home network, then while leaving the screen and cameras off, proceed to upload new videos to the server.

The perfect dashcam, which I have yet to find, would have the following features:

Front + rear 1080p
Remote system module (twin SDXC)
Remote monitor or video out
Remote control (to change settings)
GPS with speed overlay
140 degree front
90-110 degree rear (better detail since most rearends are straight on)
Ploarized lenses
Good night performance
G sensor
Crash & parking modes (tied to G sensor to record who hit your parked car)
Wifi auto upload
Cost less than $300 usd

Would this really be asking for too much?

KuoH

Hi, new member here, but long time dashcam user. I think while the USB HD feature sounds useful, Ifear it would die a quick death in the summer interior temperatures that most vehicles in moderate to hot climates would experience. Might I suggest another option which might be a good alternative to a huge in car HD? What if the unit had a wifi interface? I know other dashcams already have this, but instead of simply connecting to a smartphone, what if it was capable of connecting to a home wifi network? Then with the help of some client software on a home PC/server, the dashcam automatically uploads new videos when it senses the network is available? Or better yet, have it save the username/password and automatically upload to a specified network share. This would alleviate the need for a large HD for most normal duration trips while providing the ability to archive as much video as the owner has space for?

I had initially thought of using an eye-fi wireless SD card, but the dashcam would turn off long before the clips could finish downloading. Although now that I think of it, it might not be hard to use some sort of timer that can keep the dashcam on long enough to finish uploading. I got the idea from a very old car MP3 player I have called an Omnifi, which does almost exactly that, except in reverse with MP3 files. I save new MP3 files on the home pc and it automatically uploads to the Omnifi in the car. I would image the dashcam could be user configured to use either GPS or time of day to decide when to turn on the wifi momentarily and scan for the home network, then while leaving the screen and cameras off, proceed to upload new videos to the server.

The perfect dashcam, which I have yet to find, would have the following features:

Front + rear 1080p
Remote system module (twin SDXC)
Remote monitor or video out
Remote control (to change settings)
GPS with speed overlay
140 degree front
90-110 degree rear (better detail since most rearends are straight on)
Ploarized lenses
Good night performance
G sensor
Crash & parking modes (tied to G sensor to record who hit your parked car)
Wifi auto upload
Cost less than $300 usd

Would this really be asking for too much?

KuoH

I see your point. You proposals are interesting, but don't forget: more features you ask - more it cost. At the end there will be a question of profitability. Since there are not that many dash cam buyers like you ( maybe like me ), who truly want fully loaded units, so from pint of view as a business model those dash cams will not be profitable to produce. Too much money has to be invested into R&D and manufacturing and if demand will be low ( no profit generated to cover all production costs ), - then it's dead-end for company. Majority of buyers want simple dash cam with very good video quality and reliability ( and price ), thats where profits are generated at the moment and most manufacturers concentrate all their efforts on that segment now.

We just might see most of that list by next year when A7L-a solutions start to appear. At least we can hope.
Only thing is I suspect it will be north of your $300 price point.

We just might see most of that list by next year when A7L-a solutions start to appear. At least we can hope.
Only thing is I suspect it will be north of your $300 price point.

I think 300usd will not be even bottom price for all extra-s we want. These days very good 2ch dash camera cost around 300-350usd. Add there new hardware technology costs / upgrades, also all new features etc, I would say it will cost more than 500 usd, - this is I am talking about high-end class 2ch dash cameras. Of course there will be also a cheaper solutions, but cheap does not gives us what I would want from fully loaded high-end dash cam, - it's total waste of money buying cheap.

I think there are some expensive products in the market that really can't justify their price tags

Yes, manufacturer should produced product which has very good balance of product quality / specs / functions vs price. If product is over-priced, - then other competitors will "eat you out".

Back