[USA] Cattle truck crushes pickup truck

I thought it was 3 second or so, either way you are 100% correct we can't steer brake etc while reacting to something like this in 2 or 3 second, especially a truck.
What you guys aren't understanding is that this was one of those 1% of the time that I would have payed attention since the f150 neither stopped nor parked and was moving close to the road with unknown intentions. So yes in this scenario my hand would have been on the horn, I do this very little on the hwy.
99% of the time when I see parked cars on the side of hwys I ignore, but if something is fishy I'll pay attention. It isn't hard thing to do.
When I said earlier that I have my hands on horn weekly, I actually was referring mainly to city driving, primarily worried of cars cutting in front of me prior to a traffic light. I nearly rear ended one a year ago because he jumped in my lane 3-4 seconds prior to me reaching the light and I was fully loaded.
This truckers was distracted, but his cb talk might not have affected this outcome if he thinks the same way you guys do.

I didn't see anything other than the f150 up ahead prior to impact so why shouldn't a trucky be aware of a vehicle that hasn't parked or at least has its brake lights on.

I would not expect the ford to turn into the road. He just took a right onto another road or a driveway. Granted the ford took a wide turn but some people do that. Normally the ford would have gone down the path and not done a u-turn back into the road. If I was going the wrong direction I would have turned around after taking the right instead of turning like that. The ford had to know the semi he had just passed was there.

People make mistakes mate.
For sure this accident was entirely the Ford's fault and no one is saying otherwise.
I am only highlighting that there was possibilities for avouiding it.... Depending on how aware the trucky would be at that given time and entirely only avoidable through the use of the horn....tough luck for the Ford.....

Jessica got it going on even if it is minus 1 dimension. :love:

Back