Using a DVR-027 in the house.

CheckYourLights

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Front&Rear-SH800/ Front 2nd Vico-Opia 2
Was hoping someone could help me out. I'm not to good on the technical end of things. I was out to the store today and grabbed an AC to DC wall adapter for a few dollars. I would like to plug my DVR-027 into this wall adapter so that i can use it in the house as sort of a make shift security camera, but i have herd of people having to use something to drop the voltage when hard wiring the camera into a car.

I wanted to make sure i would not damage the camera by plunging it into the wall with this adapter.
It is
350mAH-600mAH output current
12v-15v output
110v-220v input.
Thanks.

Hi, on page 2 of the manual that came with my DVR207 it says:

"Note: only use the output power for 5.5V"

I assume the DVR027 would be the same. Hope that helps!

Snarfblat said:

I had a feeling it was a little high of an output on the plug. It was only a few dollars for the plug, but i defiantly don't want to overload my camera.
Thanks.

CheckYourLights said:
Snarfblat said:

I had a feeling it was a little high of an output on the plug. It was only a few dollars for the plug, but i defiantly don't want to overload my camera.
Thanks.
Radio Shack and others online have power supplies that can be switched to various settings to match your needs. I have a few power supplies that have female cigarette lighter ends and a myriad of adapter plugs for GPS devices, radar detectors and cameras. Just about anything can be made to work.

Back