Using Auto-Vox A118C as security camera

Unless there were actual reports of other problems or missing items this is simply incriminating someone on the basis of mere speculation. Someone who pilfers some chocolate bars should be given a second chance.
Agreed 100%

Giving kids a chance is good, but adults should know better and do better. I've held positions of trust including a stint as a bank courier, and there is no slack given- either you are completely trustworthy about theft or you're not. Yes it's harsh but that is the reality of the world. I was once fired from a job for stealing (which I didn't do- it was employee jealousy and they set me up when I wasn't there- I was later vindicated when they turned out to be a thief themself and got caught) and in my early days as a car mechanic I had all my tools stolen which almost cost me that job. There can be consequences far beyond what things may seem on the surface but the bottom line is:

any and all theft is wrong.

Phil

Given the facts as presented in this thread my feeling is the appropriate action was taken (assuming he was fired). It was not a single candy bar but rather a single occurrence of an ongoing behavior pattern. If it was only a single instance it would not even have been noticed.

I guess with all this holier than thou Law & Order sentiment out there we'll start seeing petty candy bar thieves dragged into the courtyard and stoned to death by the aggrieved victims. Or maybe we should just chop their hands off Wahhabi style?

I guess with all this holier than thou Law & Order sentiment out there we'll start seeing petty candy bar thieves dragged...
Per the OP "...the damage over the long term is well above $100, he's been doing this for a while..." this is beyond 'petty candy bar' thievery.

@uski, which version Viofo firmware did you use in the Auto-Vox A118c? have you had any issues at all? and also are there many differences in how it works compared to the original firmware?

Back