v1.014 kills rear camera functionality

expat

Reaction score
Country
Norway
Hi,

I had the same problem as many of you with the rear camera not working with the previous updates so I updated to v1.014 just now. After the update, the rear camera does not work at all.

With v1.013, I was able to shut-off the restart during the middle of the night which kept the rear camera working all the time. After upgrading to v1.014, the rear camera doesn't work and is not recognized via the mobile app. I can see from the front camera, but the rear camera just does not work.

Any ideas....?

Hi,

I had the same problem as many of you with the rear camera not working with the previous updates so I updated to v1.014 just now. After the update, the rear camera does not work at all.

With v1.013, I was able to shut-off the restart during the middle of the night which kept the rear camera working all the time. After upgrading to v1.014, the rear camera doesn't work and is not recognized via the mobile app. I can see from the front camera, but the rear camera just does not work.

Any ideas....?

Hi
Try reinstalling the firmware
I’m not having any issues with my 750 2 ch w/ v1.014 ...

37fbc83e55861295f394527570a79dfa.jpg

My rear camera is attached to the driver window in my case:
87d1624de959fdaa966a00ef6bc63913.jpg

Let us know what happens.
Also check your rear cam cable.
It is also possible you’ve uploaded the 1CH version of the firmware (DR750S-1CH) instead of the DR750S-2CH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Mine came with v1.003 and that works fine, still using it. As AS400 said, check all the connections. Blackvue have all their old firmware versions available if you look hard enough, maybe go back to an older one than came with the camera and work forwards.

I have a feeling the OP accidentally installed the 1 channel firmware version instead of the 2 channel. That would explain the disappearance of the rear camera in the Blackvue App..

Let’s see if the OP cames back with an update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The problem with the rear camera being non-functional with firmware upgrades is discussed heavily on another thread (https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/rear-camera-disconnecting.32783/) where the v1.013 firmware was thought the problem.

I wanted to inform everyone that v1.014 also has the same problem. The wires are connected perfectly. The problem is in the firmware and not everyone is having this problem.

I agree with the above suggestions, use a firmware version that works and hope Blackvue comes out with a firmware upgrade that fixes this problem.

If it ain't broke then don't fix it.
If your cam does what you want it to, then don't mess with it.
Only upgrade firmware if it addresses a specific problem that you are actually having.
Here endeth the first lesson in firmware updates (for anything)

*Problem is fixed*

I re-installed v1.104 and then I disconnected both cables from the front dash cam and waited 5 minutes before reconnecting. The outside temperature is +2C, finally over 0C. Reconnected all the wires and now, the rear dash camera is working.

I think this problem is very temperature related. For the past few week, it has been -10C and I believe this effects the wiring and/or the rear camera. Blackvue must know about this by now considering the thousands of users who drive in cold climates.

I hope this helps everyone with the same problem.

I have the problem with 1.011. Probably (yet another) hardware design fault. The *only* solution now is a power cycle. You don't need to reinstall firmware or yank cables (unless you have no other way to cycle power). Once you power cycle, the rear camera will come back up ... for a while. Eventually (presumably the next period of cold), it'll shut off again.
I only got my 750S in the summer (replacing the 650S that completely died), so I can't say if cameras with firmware older than 1.011 will also see this. But from comments here, long periods of parking at around -10C or lower will cause the rear camera to become non-functional; where firmware is 1.011, 1.013 or 1.014. May be older firmware versions too.

For me, it's occasional enough that I'm not yet ready to downgrade firmware to an older version; mostly because I'm not convinced it'll solve anything.

There have been previous threads regarding this.
This is not a software/firmware related issue. It is a hardware issue affecting a small number of units.
Contact BlackVue directly who will replace the hardware if in warranty period (1 year).

The original poster has given a misleading thread title, suggesting it was a firmware release that caused the issue, when it was actually the cold weather - which did not present until around the same time they updated the system.

Back