v3.41 blues

Update 3.42 is live (2023-03-23):​

Release notes:

1. Added a Guest mode for direct Wi-Fi access without login requirement to access the camera and the app’s downloaded videos.
  2. Removed the Event Map auto-sharing option. Videos must be shared manually.
  3. Changed the default tab to Camera instead of Explore tab, for logged in users.
  4. Improved the loading speed of the tabs.
  5. When losing internet access while logged in, the Emergency mode will allow users to access the “Downloaded videos” folder and the camera over Wi-Fi.
  6. After registering a camera to the Cloud, if a camera is not connected to the Cloud, the camera will default to the Wi-Fi connection method.
  7. The “Do not show” popup option will hide the popup for 7 days instead of 1 day.
  8. Bug fixes and stabilization improvements.

Thank you.
Where is the file for updating located?

I show version 3.43 on Android

I foolishly let my app upgrade.. and found myself locked out of being able to access my camera. Finally.. after finding my password.. I was able to get connected again to my local WiFi using the "guest" connection.
Excuse me..... Blackvue programmers..... I am not a guest.. I paid for the camera, it is mine and find having to use a "guest" designation very objectionable. In your next version how about changing that derogatory "guest" to something other like "Local" "Alternate" "Direct"..... ?????

I foolishly let my app upgrade.. and found myself locked out of being able to access my camera. Finally.. after finding my password.. I was able to get connected again to my local WiFi using the "guest" connection.
Excuse me..... Blackvue programmers..... I am not a guest.. I paid for the camera, it is mine and find having to use a "guest" designation very objectionable. In your next version how about changing that derogatory "guest" to something other like "Local" "Alternate" "Direct"..... ?????
While I agree that the crap Blackvue have been pulling with regard to their apps features, forced connection to internet, forced firmware updates is objectionable i think you're over reacting to this.

The term 'Guest' has been a generic term used in IT and internet services for 30 years or more to mean to sign in without an acount.

You're reading into it too much and making up a meaning to take offence to when really this is just a fair fair and ordinary, and very well established representation of gaining access to a service or application without creating a user account.
This is the problem with fake wokeness in general, and now it's being applied to... a bloody dashcam.

Yes you own the device. Guest is just for the app. This is not something to freak out about.

If it upsets you that much make an account and don't sign in as a guest. Problem solved.
It really just looks like you're hunting for something to be offended by.

Okay..... Didn't think I was freaking out, but... I "had" an app that worked, an update and it didn't. Greeted with a full page of the wonders of the "cloud" and a tiny "guest", almost as an afterthought at the bottom. Yes, "guest" has been a generic term for ever... and I find the term derogatory for just as long. Sorry. In my opinion, and it means squat... BlackVue pushes their "cloud" at the expense of a simple home WiFi connection, it should be just as easy/simple to connect to my camera as my printer or any other WiFi connected devices I own.

In my opinion, and it means squat... BlackVue pushes their "cloud" at the expense of a simple home WiFi connection, it should be just as easy/simple to connect to my camera as my printer or any other WiFi connected devices I own.
The existance of guest does mean squat.. so don't worry about it.

As for the rest... i can't agree more.
Their cloud cancer is stupid, and is the very reason I'll not be replacing my current BlackVue camera with another.
Their software stack and the direction they're headed in is braindead.

But while their software stack is stupid and feels anti consumer to me i have no issue with the use of 'guest' in the context they're using it in.
In fact I'd be more annoyed if there were no guest option (is it previously was).

In near 30 years working in the IT industry i've never heard such a complaint before, ever.

Back