V3 installation query

older versions of the mounts for their camera the parking mode didn't work unless plugged into the camera, likely that has become the default advice since it works for either version, maybe easier rather than trying to work out which version a customer has

older versions of the mounts for their camera the parking mode didn't work unless plugged into the camera, likely that has become the default advice since it works for either version, maybe easier rather than trying to work out which version a customer has
Thanks. That makes sense. So now, it really shouldn't matter now which power port is being used. I'd prefer to power the GPS logger mount myself, then it's just a simple matter to detach the dashcam if I wish to remove it without having to also deal with the power cord.

speedlever, send them an email & ask the question. They seem more than happy to help & also reply quickly

The A119V2 GPS always supported GPS when powered via the mount or the camera body. The V1 units had inferior connector pins that were prone to fail, so powering the camera directly was the most reliable way (GPS would still work though, as long as the pins had good enough contact).

speedlever, send them an email & ask the question. They seem more than happy to help & also reply quickly

Good suggestion. I did, and here's what support had to say, "Both USB ports are OK to power on the camera and make the GPS and parking mode work."

Back