Vantrue app watermark on video

I hope some modification is done to improve these odd errors. @Jeff_Vantrue What do you think?
Every time before I log into DCT if I see Jeff Vantrue is online I hover my curser over his name, and it always says; 'Engaged In Conversation".
I always wonder who he's having a PM with. lol

T
I think it will be like a cache area where the file is streamed to. It might only be low or lower res to allow the fast viewing ability. One of the streaming formats perhaps.
The word Sync doesn't really help as it doesn't express what it does. Download is much better or even the arrow that is seen in the app.
View attachment 67619
That's what i was saying, it is like a cache area. Seems pretty pointless to have another step to sync. What are we, syncing an iPod in iTunes? Reminds me of that.

Every time before I log into DCT if I see Jeff Vantrue is online I hover my curser over his name, and it always says; 'Engaged In Conversation".
I always wonder who he's having a PM with. lol
Cue "your mum" joke

It's good that at least someone here understands everything.
I didn't mean it that way.
What I meant was they are both Vantrue apps even written by the same company.

Having this discussion at least highlights what the average joe may stumble across.

An update.
I sent an email to @Jeff_Vantrue on 6 Oct advising the odd problems with the 2 apps.
I haven't had a reply as of yet.

The things I pointed out are:

There are two programs on the IOS app store to do the same thing.
Each program places its offline files in different places.
On the V1 app it places a grey box over the video in the top right corner.
Only V1 app seems to be able to do OTA Over The Air firmware updates to the N5. This was tested.

Suggestions:
Make both programs point to the same local area to prevent excess offline cache.
Change the SYNC wording and symbol to something more obvious for downloading.
Accessing the Local area is done differently in each app.

Generally I have found the app to work really well.
I mention the problems as I suspect there are users out there that just give up when it's not easy to work out.

1696983854816.png
Please excuse the typos' I just noticed :eek: not = note, OTW = OTA

An update.
I sent an email to @Jeff_Vantrue on 6 Oct advising the odd problems with the 2 apps.
I haven't had a reply as of yet.

The things I pointed out are:

There are two programs on the IOS app store to do the same thing.
Each program places its offline files in different places.
On the V1 app it places a grey box over the video in the top right corner.
Only V1 app seems to be able to do OTA Over The Air firmware updates to the N5. This was tested.

Suggestions:
Make both programs point to the same local area to prevent excess offline cache.
Change the SYNC wording and symbol to something more obvious for downloading.
Accessing the Local area is done differently in each app.

I mention the problems as I suspect there are users out there that just give up when it's not easy to work out.

View attachment 68344
Please excuse the typos' I just noticed :eek: not = note, OTW = OTA
I think originally one app was meant to be for their older devices and the newer one for newer devices, but this could be made clearer to the user. Because if they both work on both older and newer devices that's gonna confuse people more.

I found the same thing this morning where the Vantrue app had 1.96GB of cache which was far more than most of the apps on my phone. Which is strange cos I've downloaded a few videos to my phone which I've deleted later, but the cache is still huge.

The app is in my opinion currently better than the one from Viofo.
It just works well, is easier to use and you don't have to stop the recording to change the settings.
Only downloading could be improved a bit.

The app is in my opinion currently better than the one from Viofo.
It just works well, is easier to use and you don't have to stop the recording to change the settings.
Only downloading could be improved a bit.
This.

Viofo has the better cam and settings granularity, but Vantrue has the better app and in my eyes the design of the physical unit too (bar that damned RC-05 rear camera)

This.

Viofo has the better cam and settings granularity, but Vantrue has the better app and in my eyes the design of the physical unit too (bar that damned RC-05 rear camera)
Lucky for Viofo, the app can be improved with "only" an update.
I heard some time ago that this was planned. The A229 Pro also has a new menu.
The physical design is a personal preference. For some cars I prefer the wedge and for some the Vantrue design.

found the same thing this morning where the Vantrue app had 1.96GB of cache which was far more than most of the apps on my phone

One way to remove cache is to delete the app and then reinstall it.
For vantrue app i don't see any problem in doing that.

One way to remove cache is to delete the app and then reinstall it.
For vantrue app i don't see any problem in doing that.
Don't even need to uninstall, just clear the cache in the system settings for apps in my Xiaomi phone.

Back