Vantrue Connected S1 Pro + LTE Module LT01

boxedlunch

Reaction score
Country
United States
Received the LT01 device and tried to configure today. Haven’t seen anyone else post about it, so figured I’d drop some thoughts before I head out of town.

• Top line - Couldn’t get the modem set up
    • The Vantrue Connected app is more garbage than the Vantrue app
    • Super poor execution/experience when many of the app’s alerts show up in a language that I can’t read
    • Tried to set up via the ‘LT01 + S1 Pro’ option and never got beyond “Activating”
      • Tried automatic configuration mode using a T-Mobile data sim that I pulled from a generic LTE hotspot that I use on occasion (GL-XE300)
      • tgen, tried different versions of APN settings in manual mode (using ‘fast.t-mobile.com’ as the APN + a variety of protocol settings)
      • Tried resetting the S1 Pro to factory…still didn’t work
      • Gave up after 45 minutes of cursing
My experience might be a one-off, but I doubt it. Hopefully Vantrue gets their act together.

Received the LT01 device and tried to configure today. Haven’t seen anyone else post about it, so figured I’d drop some thoughts before I head out of town.

• Top line - Couldn’t get the modem set up
    • The Vantrue Connected app is more garbage than the Vantrue app
    • Super poor execution/experience when many of the app’s alerts show up in a language that I can’t read
    • Tried to set up via the ‘LT01 + S1 Pro’ option and never got beyond “Activating”
      • Tried automatic configuration mode using a T-Mobile data sim that I pulled from a generic LTE hotspot that I use on occasion (GL-XE300)
      • tgen, tried different versions of APN settings in manual mode (using ‘fast.t-mobile.com’ as the APN + a variety of protocol settings)
      • Tried resetting the S1 Pro to factory…still didn’t work
      • Gave up after 45 minutes of cursing
My experience might be a one-off, but I doubt it. Hopefully Vantrue gets their act together.
Are you going to return it?

Back