Vantrue Connected S1 Pro + LTE Module LT01

boxedlunch

Reaction score
Country
United States
Received the LT01 device and tried to configure today. Haven’t seen anyone else post about it, so figured I’d drop some thoughts before I head out of town.

• Top line - Couldn’t get the modem set up
    • The Vantrue Connected app is more garbage than the Vantrue app
    • Super poor execution/experience when many of the app’s alerts show up in a language that I can’t read
    • Tried to set up via the ‘LT01 + S1 Pro’ option and never got beyond “Activating”
      • Tried automatic configuration mode using a T-Mobile data sim that I pulled from a generic LTE hotspot that I use on occasion (GL-XE300)
      • tgen, tried different versions of APN settings in manual mode (using ‘fast.t-mobile.com’ as the APN + a variety of protocol settings)
      • Tried resetting the S1 Pro to factory…still didn’t work
      • Gave up after 45 minutes of cursing
My experience might be a one-off, but I doubt it. Hopefully Vantrue gets their act together.

Received the LT01 device and tried to configure today. Haven’t seen anyone else post about it, so figured I’d drop some thoughts before I head out of town.

• Top line - Couldn’t get the modem set up
    • The Vantrue Connected app is more garbage than the Vantrue app
    • Super poor execution/experience when many of the app’s alerts show up in a language that I can’t read
    • Tried to set up via the ‘LT01 + S1 Pro’ option and never got beyond “Activating”
      • Tried automatic configuration mode using a T-Mobile data sim that I pulled from a generic LTE hotspot that I use on occasion (GL-XE300)
      • tgen, tried different versions of APN settings in manual mode (using ‘fast.t-mobile.com’ as the APN + a variety of protocol settings)
      • Tried resetting the S1 Pro to factory…still didn’t work
      • Gave up after 45 minutes of cursing
My experience might be a one-off, but I doubt it. Hopefully Vantrue gets their act together.
Are you going to return it?

Took me 3x to activate mine with a Verizon sim. After 2 failed attempts I disconnected power from the module then after powering on it finally worked. Camera is updated to latest firmware assuming?

Well, finally got it to work over the weekend. Firmwares: Front VT-EDF061, Rear VT-ECK301, LTE VT-EDD191. Put a T-Mobile phone sim in, seemed to register properly. Then replaced with a data plan sim and it still worked. Not sure what I did differently.

Updated front firmware to current version today: Front VT-EDG262...interested in the following updated feature "Implement a new LTE upload feature for parking monitoring."

TBH, still not sure if I want to keep this dashcam. Not sure how to get the dashcam to upload events to the cloud or what triggers remote notifications. Still seems like an incomplete product.

Contact Jeff. He sent me an updated firmware that may not be on the site yet. Parking mode videos upload tomthe cloud now. Notifications are pushed on Android (not sure on iOS) when the app is running. Jeff said a fix is coming for that too.

This is what I was sent....

1000011029.jpg

Back